Tuesday 5 December 2017

The Christmas Tag

Hey Guys!

On Twitter I saw that @onceupunatime_ has done a Christmas tag to get in the Christmas spirit and kick off day one of Blogmas so I became inspired and decided to do the tag as well. I'm so ready for Christmas this year and actually can't wait to spend Christmas with my family, so nothing better than starting December with a Christmas tag ๐Ÿ’œ 

I also have a new blog post schedule for the month of December. I was going to attempt doing Blogmas this year but I don't have enough content and Christmas themed ideas so I thought I'd upload content every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday at 6pm instead. 

1. What’s your favourite Christmas Movie?


This is a hard question as I love so many Christmas movies! There is The Grinch, Elf, The Muppet Christmas Carol and The Polar Express, but my favourite is probably Elf as its the perfect jolly Christmas movie that you can put on whenever and no matter how many times you watch it the charm never goes!
2. Where do you usually spend Christmas?


A few years ago I would have spent Christmas at home with my mum and dad having a traditional Christmas dinner and then Boxing Day would have been spent with the rest of my extended family. But for the past three years myself, my mum, dad, uncle, auntie and two cousins have travelled to Lanzarote to spend our Christmas somewhere different, and now that is our new tradition :)
3. What’s the best present you have ever received?

That's a hard question as I've always been so spoilt when it comes to Christmas presents. But the best present I've ever received would have to be when I was younger and my parents would buy me Polly Pocket. They were my favourite toys growing up and my collection could have been a small toys shop. One year they brought me the Polly Pocket Cruise Ship and it was honestly the best present ever! It came with deck chairs and three dolls, it was honestly the best! Especially as I was obsessed with it my entire childhood ๐Ÿ’• 
4. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

We have a fake Christmas tree that we have used since I was young and it's perfect! We have never really gone for a real tree as my mum probably doesn't want to clean up after all the needles when they drop, and we have pets, specifically ones that like to climb trees!
5. What’s your favourite Christmas memory?
I have two favourite Christmas memories, one from my childhood and another from my second Christmas in Lanzarote. 

My favourite childhood memory was when on Christmas Eve my dad and I put out carrots on the lawn for the reindeer, then put our 'STOP! Santa' sign outside the front porch so that Santa would know where to stop to give us our presents. Then we put a little glass of dry sherry and a mince pie on our little coffee table next to the Christmas Tree so that Santa could have a little snack before setting off to the next house. The next day when I woke my parents up (very early of course) I went down stairs and into the living room to find loads of snow on the living room floor and big foot prints leading from the fireplace to the tree, and then loads of presents under the tree. To me that was my favourite memory as a child as it was so magical and I was so excited! The fact my mum and dad went to so much effort to put down fake snow and put down foot prints makes me very grateful for my childhood! 

My favourite Christmas memory in Lanzarote was last year. Unfortunately for my Christmas holiday last year I was recovering from a bad cold/flu and was still pretty sick so even though it was relatively warm in Lanzarote I was freezing and constantly had to be wrapped up in a blanket to keep me warm. But, besides the fact I was feeling pretty poorly I had an amazing time. My favourite part was that every night we would all snuggle up on the sofa and watch loads of films all together. I just loved being cosy in my blanket next to my favourite people watching our favourite films and it made me very grateful for the people I have around me. 
6. What’s your favourite Christmas food?
All of it! But my favourites are the pigs in blankets, roast carrots, stuffing and the gravy! It all just tastes so good and the fact I'm with my family having a great fun filled day makes everything so much better! My dad cooks our Christmas dinner and even though we are in the Canary Islands we are able to get everything; turkey, brussel sprouts, pigs in blankets, the works. 
7. One thing you really want for Christmas?


Because I go away for Christmas that is a big enough present for me, as it is truly a treat being taken away on holiday. But if I was to ask for something that I really wanted it would be an INSTAX mini 9 instant camera, as I love being able to take a photo and have it printed there and then. I've used my friend's Polaroid camera quite a few times here at uni and they are great for silly instant pictures! I really want one so that when I'm on holiday and spending Christmas with my family I can capture memories in the moment. Then with all the printed pictures I can create a scrapbook and a display in my room  ๐Ÿ’™ 
8. Do you have special pyjamas just for Christmas?
Of course! A few years ago when shopping with my mum in Tesco I persuaded her to buy me these Christmas themed pyjamas bottoms with candy canes, holly, and Christmas sayings on and then we picked up some Christmas socks with Santa, Christmas pudding and hollies on :) They are so cute! I might have to invest in some more this year - Primark are doing some really cute sets!
9. What’s your favourite Christmas song?


'Last Christmas' by WHAM! and 'All I Want For Christmas is You' by Mariah Carey, they are some classic Christmas tunes! I love loads of other Christmas songs too but these are the original classics that I always listen to on repeat haha!
10. Do you have any Christmas traditions?


We now have a new tradition where we go to Lanzarote every year for Christmas. So we will fly out a few days before Christmas Day and then spend a week in the sun, sipping cava by the pool. It is a holiday for my family where we can just relax. Our old Christmas tradition has changed since the children have grown up and my grandparents passed away so, we decided to make a new tradition, which is a Christmas holiday abroad :)


Here are the bloggers I tag:
Becky - Becky Lumbard
Lisa - Lisa'a Reality
Lauren - Lauren Catherine
Cat - More About Cat
Lauren Ann - Lauren Ann Beauty
Lily -  Learning Lily 

What is your favourite part of Christmas?

Let me know in the comments below!

See you on Thursday my lovelies!

Amy xx 

3 comments:

  1. So glad you done the tag, it's great seeing everyone in the festive spirit! Elf is my favourite too, I think it's definitely the best! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ Sinรฉad x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for giving me the inspiration and helping me start off December in the festive spirit :) Christmas is so exciting this year! It's just so funny and heartwarming! Definitely a feel good film :) Amy x

      Delete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system