Wednesday 25 October 2017

My Top 10 Halloween Movies

Hey Guys!

It's Halloween in less than a week and as I was scrolling through my Twitter it appears everyone is really excited for the occasion this year! Like very excited! So I wanted to share with you guys my favourite Halloween themed movies and what I hope to be binge watching next week on my days off from uni! 

#1 The Nightmare Before Christmas


I feel like The Nightmare Before Christmas is such a classic when it comes to Halloween themed movies! At school we would always watch it around the end of term time (In England we have a school holiday around Halloween) and it always used to be on the TV. I hope it will be on this Halloween so my housemates and I can watch it. I love that it involves Christmas as well, gets me all excited haha! 

#2 Halloween (The Original)


I swear this is on every Halloween movie list so you probably won't be surprised to find it on mine, but it is a movie everyone should see! I didn't find it that scary because it was made quite a while ago and since then there are films out that have more jumpy scenes and CGI but it is still a good movie and based on Halloween. They did make more movies after this one but I find this one is better compared to the rest :)

#3 The Addams Family


What a classic! If you haven't seen The Addams Family you have to go see it now! It is one that my mum showed me when I was younger and it is so funny! It isn't scary at all but it is very dark, silly and weird. It is just perfect for Halloween as it is supernatural and weird, and if you need Halloween inspiration you could always dress up as Wednesday Addams or the mother Morticia Addams!

#4 Woman In Black


Considering this was a certified 12 movie I could not cope when I saw this in the cinema! I have never been so scared and for weeks later I refused to sleep without the light on or go into any corridor without the light on. This movie should have been a 15 like the second one! I think it is so scary because of how jumpy the film is, like when she comes out from nowhere and her face is terrifying! I hate how her face is all broken up and she wears all black and a veil. This is not a film for the light-hearted! 

#5 Scream


I remember the first time my mum allowed me to watch Scream and in the end we watched it together. It is honestly one of the best classic horror movies that everyone should see! But I do recommend watching Scream before you see any of the parodies like Scary Movie because I watched Scary Movie before seeing this movie and I could not take it seriously. It was suppose to be a really scary and jumpy film but because I had seen the parody I didn't find it scary!

#6 Corpse Bride


I remember when I first saw this movie and I ordered it on DVD straight away so I could binge watch it for about a week! I love nearly all of Tim Burton's films as they are just so out there and bizarre! Which is one of the reasons I love this film. It is so creepy and bizarre for a children's movie but it is also fun and even at 19 now I can't resist watching it!

 #7 Twitches


These twins were so fun and silly in the Twitches movies! I remember being a kid watching Disney channel and getting to watch this movie every Halloween. I remember one Halloween my mum even tape recorded the movie so I could watch it whenever I wanted! I always wished I had the powers they wanted and the ability to draw, as a kid at Halloween I would pretend I was them haha! 

 #8 Return To Halloween Town


If you had Disney channel as a kid you were in for a treat. At Halloween both Twitches and The Return to Halloween Town would come on and they were so good! They still are! They are classic childhood Halloween movies when you weren't allowed to actually watch horror movies (even though me and my friends still watched horror movies without our parents knowing). They were so silly and fun  

#9 The Conjuring 2


The Conjuring 2 is so much more creepy and jumpy than the first one! Don't get me wrong the first one is really creepy and scary too but this one just had an edge. The Demon Nun was absolutely terrifying to the point where I couldn't watch the film again for a long time just so I could get a good night sleep. It's the perfect film for Halloween as it involves a demon and its supposedly a true story that actual took place here in London, England. 

#10 Insidious 2


I chose the second movie out of the trio because this is the one that scared me and my housemates the most. We decided to watch the trilogy last year and I find the other two are just creepy, they don't actually scare me that must, whereas the second film actually made me scared to sleep that night! Compared to the first one it is way more creepy and much more jumpy!

What is your favourite Halloween movie to watch?

Let me know in the comments below!

See you on Sunday my lovelies!  

Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system