Tuesday 12 December 2017

Top Christmas Movies To Watch This December

Hey Guys!

Now that it's December the countdown to Christmas begins! There is nothing better than watching classic Christmas movies for the build up to the festive occasion. So here are my ten favourite Christmas movies to watch throughout December to get in the festive spirit. Lets go!

Home Alone



If you haven't watched this movie around Christmas or at least seen it on TV where have you been?! This movie is a classic and a favourite amongst most people in the UK! This film has been played every Christmas none stop all of my childhood and even now I still laugh at the same scenes even though I've seen them so many times. It is one of those films that really gets you into the Christmas spirit and will always be an ongoing classic  

Elf


Elf is a classic Christmas movie! It was always the one movie we would put on at secondary school when we had movie week before breaking up for the Christmas holidays. It's fun, light-hearted and its one of those festive movies that you don't get sick of :) Buddy's character is just so lovable!

The Muppet Christmas Carol


I remember always choosing to watch this film when our teachers gave us the choice of what Christmas movie to put on at the end of term. Compared to the original Christmas Carol movie this version is so much more fun. As a child I always watched loads of Muppet episodes with my grandma and family so I love that this film has them as characters and narrators - it makes it a lot more fun for me!

How the Grinch Stole Christmas


This film is so funny! It is such a timeless classic and Jim Carrey is perfect in this film, he brings the character of the Grinch to life and I never stop laughing at this movie. You see all these memes on Facebook and Twitter of scenes from the Grinch movie and these scenes just make the movie the classic it is. But it isn't the typical soppy Christmas movie as it has the silly and hyper Jim Carrey playing The Grinch making it crazy funny and more of a comedy!

The Holiday


I've watched this so many times in the Christmas holidays. My friends and I used to always have snow days in secondary school and this was one of the films we always used to put on when we stayed round each others houses. It is one of those movies that isn't all about Christmas but it builds up to be about the festive occasion! If you haven't seen this movie I highly recommend it as it's such a cute film about two girls who swap houses in Los Angles and Surrey to get away from their current realities and have a break :)

Love Actually


Everyone has got to love this movie! I love that there are lots of different stories going on all in one movie and it jumps from one scenario to another. It makes you laugh, smile, feel sad and overall is a feel good movie for this festive time of year. I love the scenes with Sam and his dad and with having so many different story lines going on throughout the movie it shows us there are different forms of love and this film addresses both the easy going and difficult types of love. It is a great movie for the holidays when you are spending time with your loved ones  

Nativity 


The Nativity is quite a recent movie compared to some of the others and it was only this year that I watched it. My housemates had all seen it before and raved about it, so last week we popped it on and it is so cute and fun! Doing a film about a school's nativity play is a great concept for a Christmas movie seeing as here in the UK in Infant and Primary school we all had to take part in the nativity play. In my case I was always an angel, donkey or star, unfortunately for me I never got the chance to be Mary. But looking back at it I probably would have forgotten all my lines haha! This film is so relatable to us who always had to be in the Nativity play this time of year, it's a nostalgic feel good movie!

What is your favourite Christmas movie? Let me know in the comments below  

See you on Thursday my lovelies!

Amy xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system