Saturday 8 December 2018

Blogmas Day 8: My Favourite TV Christmas Specials

Hey Guys!

⭐Welcome to Day Eight of Blogmas ⭐

I've already discussed Christmas movies and Christmas songs but there is still my favourite TV show festive specials to share with you guys!

I love Christmas movies but some popular TV shows do some great Christmas specials this time of year  ❤


Vicar of Dibley: Christmas Special Episodes




The Vicar of Dibley is up at the top for the best Christmas specials! Especially The Christmas Lunch Incident episode when Geraldine has to have four Christmas dinners and a brussel sprout competition! The Vicar of Dibley Christmas specials are some of my favourite festive specials! Especially as I used to grow up watching the series on Gold ⭐ The Christmas special episodes include The Christmas Lunch Incident, Winter and A Very Dibley Christmas: Merry Christmas!

Gavin & Stacey 2008 Christmas Special




Gavin and Stacey's Christmas Special is one of the best festive specials on TV. My housemates and I have watched it three times already and I plan on watching it a fourth time before Christmas Day! There are so many funny scenes that we can all quote haha! 

It is now available on Netflix so if you are looking for some Christmas specials to watch check out Gavin and Stacey's Christmas Special! You'll be watching it on repeat!

Friends Christmas Specials




Thank gosh Friends is still on Netflix for the festive season as there are so many great Christmas episodes throughout the ten seasons! If you are a huge lover of Friends like me then you will know which Christmas specials I'm on about. I've already watched most of them but the best thing about this rom-com is you can watch it again and against and it never gets old ❤ Christmas episodes include: "The One With The Monkey" (Season 1), "The One With Phoebe's Dad" (Season 2), "The One Where Rachel Quits" (Season 3), "The One With The Girl From Poughkeepsie" (Season 4), "The One With The Routine" (Season 6), "The One With The Holiday Armadillo" (Season 7), "The One With Christmas in Tulsa" (Season 9) ❣

Absolutely Fabulous Christmas Special




I only know a few people who have actually watched all of Absolutely Fabulous as I feel it is the older generation who remember when it used to be on TV. But, yet again thanks to Netflix (and boxsets) it is available to watch quite easily. All seasons are now on Netflix so if you've never seen it but are interested then you know where to find it! The Christmas episode for Ab Fab is Cold Turkey when Edina decides to stay home for Christmas and spend it with the family and her granddaughter ❤

Doctor Who Christmas Episodes




I've grown up with Doctor Who ever since Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper re-introduced one of the best sci-fi series. Every series including Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith I have loved, but after Peter Capaldi took over and became the next Doctor I haven't been a fan so my favourite Christmas specials are from all the series before Peter Capaldi. The episodes are The Christmas Invasion, The Runaway Bride, Voyage of The Damned, and A Christmas Carol. My favourite is Voyage of The Damned with Kylie Minogue and the Titanic, that one has always stuck with me as it was so different ❣

Christmas at Downton Abbey




Christmas at Downton Abbey came out back in 2011, but it is such a lovely Christmas special! I love all of the Downton Abbey series but their Christmas special was so magical, especially for a big fan like me! If you've watched Downton Abbey but not the Christmas special then definitely check it out ❄

Victoria Christmas Special: Comfort & Joy




If you've read my Christmas Wish List you'll know I love the ITV series Victoria, so obviously I can't miss out the Christmas Special Comfort & Joy (Season Two). Prince Albert decorates the palace into a magical festive wonderland with Christmas trees hanging from the ceiling to give the palace staff and his growing family a proper Christmas! It is such a sweet feel-good Christmas specials ❤

Miranda: The Perfect Christmas 




Miranda is such a funny series and her Christmas Special The Perfect Christmas is no exception! With fails and laughs Miranda wants to spend Christmas with her friends Stevie, Gary, Clive and Tilly but after a series of misfortunes spending Christmas with her parents actually seems quite inviting. It's a very fun Christmas episode!


Glee Christmas Episodes



Glee does some of the best Christmas special episodes, mainly because they do covers of Christmas songs with a Glee twist mixed with some drama! My favourite Christmas episodes are A Very Glee Christmas (Season 2, Episode 10) Glee Actually (Season 4, Episode 10) and
 Extraordinary Christmas (Season 3, Episode 9). The Glee renditions of We Need A Little Christmas, Last Christmas, Baby It's Cold Outside and Jingle Bell Rock are so good ❄

Which is your favourite TV show Christmas special? Let me know in the comments below!

See you tomorrow for Day Nine of Blogmas

Amy x 

2 comments:

  1. Vicar of Dibley Christmas specials are what Christmas is About. I like Only Fools and Horses too though and Father Ted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many of these! I used to cry laugh at Miranda haha!! x

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system