Sunday 23 December 2018

Blogmas Day 22: My Christmas Memories

Hey Guys!

Welcome To Blogmas Day Twenty Two

Everyone will have so many memories from Christmas, it is a magical time of year and so many moments are remembered for years to come, so I thought I'd share some of my favourite Christmas memories with you all ❣


My Top Christmas Memories


Fake Snow and Reindeer Food


I have a lot of memories from Christmas as a child, especially as Christmas is the most magical time of year when you are younger. You believe in Father Christmas, you get to play with toys day after day, you get new toys and watch your favourite Christmas films, so there is no surprise that one of my favourite memories is of Christmas as a child. From the age of four to ten, my parents would go to extreme lengths to ensure Christmas was as magical as possible! On Christmas Eve my dad and I would put our carrots and reindeer feed on our front garden so that when Santa parked his sleigh his reindeers would have something to snack on. We would then put a sign outside our house saying "Santa, stop here!" so that Father Christmas would know to stop at our house and deliver presents. After making sure there was enough food for all the reindeers, we would then leave a small glass of sherry and a mince pie next to the fireplace. As I have a personalised stocking that my parents also bought for me, I would then hang it up on the end of my bunk bed so Santa could fill it with little stocking fillers and I would have an early night. When I woke up the next day I would wake my parents up, come down to the living room and there would be snow covering our living room floor! In the snow, there would be boot prints going from the fireplace to the Christmas tree where loads of presents would be labelled with our names. Even at the age of twenty I always remember those Christmas' when there would be tons of fake snow, the sherry glass was empty and the reindeers had enjoyed the carrots. Obviously now I know that this was all my parent's amazing effort to make Christmas the most magical time of year and it worked because I still think back to those memories now ❤

(Unfortunately, I don't have any photos from this time on my phone!)

Grandma and Grandad's on Boxing Day


Before my grandparents passed away, every year on Boxing Day all of my family and extended family would travel to my grandparent's house to continue with the festive celebrations. We would all turn up around lunchtime and not leave until very late evening or sometimes not till the next day. My grandma would do an amazing buffet with various desserts, breadsticks, dips and various different crisps and sandwiches (leftover Christmas dinner - the best sandwiches!) so we'd have plenty of party food to choose from. Boxing Day at my grandparents would be a time for everyone to have a catch up, all of us younger children would get to play with our new toys and the adults would get to swap their secret Santa gifts (every Christmas the adults would all do a big family secret Santa with the aim to buy the silliest presents and would then swap them all on Boxing Day). The best secret Santa gift I remember was a bright orange Space Hopper - it gave us kids hours of fun! Later on, my grandma would bring out huge Christmas sacks and would put them in front of all of us grandchildren which would be full of presents from herself, my grandad and would also include the presents bought by aunties and uncles and more extended family. There are three gifts that were my ultimate favourite; the first was a pair of Disney pyjamas my Auntie Jane had bought which were personalised with my name, bright pink and the cosiest pyjamas I had ever had - so, of course, I got changed into them straight away and spent the rest of the day in my new princess pyjamas! My second favourite present from the Christmas sack was the Polly Pocket Cruise Ship bought by my grandma and grandad. It came with desk chairs, beach towels, cocktail glasses, and colourful suitcases - I had years of fun with that cruise ship! And my third favourite Christmas present was this beautiful Victorian Dolls House, also bought by my grandparents and physically built by my grandad. It is the most beautiful dolls house and came with all the furniture, dolls and little accessories like plates of food and flowers for the tables! Boxing Day at my grandparents was the best ❤


Lanzarote 



We have been to Lanzarote for Christmas for three years. This year is the first year we have decided to celebrate Christmas back in England. While going away to Puerto del Carmen we have made many memories which I will always remember - especially the second year we went! When we went to Lanzarote it would be my mum, dad, Uncle Pete, Auntie Sue, James, Will and I, so in total seven of us all in a villa for a week. Since we've been going for three years I've a lot of memories from each of the villas we have stayed at and funny family moments but the holiday I always remember was the second holiday! Just before we had flown out I had caught a really bad cold, to be honest, it was more like flu and ended up taking it out with me and getting worse as the holiday went on - which wasn't the best start! But the holiday was so rememberable for me because we had Christmas decorations everywhere, with a blow-up snowman, a mini Christmas tree, garlands going down the stairs and in the lights and reindeer antlers ❄ We also had all of our Christmas t-shirts that are all personalised with our nicknames and wore them for most of the holiday and has the best Christmas dinner (cooked by my dad). But the most memorable part of the holiday was getting cosy on the sofas with a blanket (my cousin James and I both were freezing because of our bad colds) and watching movies with all my family and drinking the prosecco. It was such a great holiday where we had cocktails on Christmas Eve, watched all the different Santas' on their motorbikes bike through the town to Christmas music and I remember my mum constantly trying to find different types of medicine to cure my cold/flu(bless her!). It may have been annoying being ill but I actually had the most fun and made some of the best memories. The other two occasions in Lanzarote were so fun too that I couldn't help but share some photos ❤


What Christmas memories do you have? Let me know in the comments below!

See you tomorrow for Day Twenty-Three and Four of Blogmas ❤

Amy x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system