Sunday 22 October 2017

My DIY Halloween Outfit and Make Up

Hey Guys!

As I'm a university student we are expected to dress up for a lot of occasions and one of those occasions does happen to be Halloween. Last year I wasn't really bothered about going out or really celebrating Halloween, but this year I'm trying to make the most of the festive occasion! Halloween is very soon and I got invited to a Halloween birthday themed party: SPOOKFEST! So, I wanted to share with you guys a simple DIY Halloween outfit that you can put together with clothes and accessories from your own wardrobe and also a very simple make up look. I'm no make up artist and pretty terrible with make up so I went for something very easy and simple!

Outfit


Crop Top: Primark
Skirt: BHS
Socks: Primark
Boots: River Island
Choker: Primark
Hoop Earrings: Borrowed

I went as a classic vampire for this Halloween themed birthday party as I didn't have time to go out and buy a costume, also being a student means funds can be quite limited as well so you have to end up working with what you've already got. I could of easily been Veronica from Riverdale as well so these pieces can easily be mixed with other items to appear as another character. All the items I wore were from my wardrobe and I only needed to borrow some silver hoop earrings from my friend and my outfit was complete. If you don't have any of these pieces you can always go to Primark or a thrift shop. There are so many characters and people you can dress up as for Halloween, people at the party were Bananas in Pyjamas, Batman, Ned Flanders, a mermaid, a nurse etc! 

Make Up



Primer: Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Multi Action Make Up Primer | 002
Foundation: Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Fond De Teint Anti-Fatigue Foundation | No. 52 Vanilla
Concealer: Rimmel London Wake Me Up Anti Fatigue Effect + Radiant Glow Concealer | 020 True Ivory
Powder: Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder | 003 Peach Glow 
Eyebrow Pencil: Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil | 002 Hazel
Eye Shadow: SEVENTEEN Easy On The Eye | The Big Smoke

 For my eye shadow I wanted to create a very dark bold eye to compliment the bold red lips. I put Warm Ivory all over my eye lids to create a plain base, I then took Slate Grey and placed it around the inner crease of my eye and on 2/3 of my eyelid as a base to put my creme silver eye shadow on the top. I then took Wild Khaki and with a small angled brush I placed it in the outer corner of my eye and swept it inwards towards where I'd placed Slate Grey. Getting a blending brush I then buffed it out as it is quite a dark shade and buffed it towards my brow bone and outwards where I would later apply my eyeliner wing. After buffing it out and both Slate Grey and Wild Khaki were combined I then took Cool Aluminium, a very silver creme eye shadow, and with my middle finger I dabbed it on top of Slate Grey all the way towards the inner crease of my eye, avoiding my outer crease where I had just buffed out Wild Khaki. Getting a small eye shadow brush that comes in the palette I then took some more of Cool Aluminium and  tapped some more around the middle of my eye and the corners. I then placed some of Wild Khaki on my water line, joining it with some Cool Aluminium so it reflected my actual eye lid. Then I applied my eyeliner. 

Eyeliner: Natural Collection Eye Liner 
Mascara: Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Reloaded | 001 Black 
Contour/Bronze: Maybelline New York Contour Palette | 01 Light Medium
Blush: Bourjois Paris Blush | 33 Golden Lilac
Lip Stick: Rimmel London Moisture Renew | 500 Diva Red
Highlighter: Soap & Glory The Perfect Ten Shadow Palette | Gold Coast 

I actually used an eye shadow for highlighter as it works better and is really pigmented, great for the cheekbones. 

Hair

I decided to leave my hair pretty simple so I just used my Remington Straightener 210 along with some dry hair shampoo in my roots for a little more volume so my hair didn't appear so limp :)

Who are you going as this Halloween? Let me know in the comments below!

See you on Wednesday my lovelies!  

Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system