Monday 13 June 2016

I Dip-Dyed My Hair Blonde

Hey Guys!

As you know last year I dyed the ends of my hair blue and then I let it naturally grow out and now I've gone for another colour to brighten up my hair and be a little more adventurous. I wasn't sure if blonde would suit the ends of my hair because of how dark my natural hair is but after testing it prior we made the decision to give it a try. So on Monday I went to my best friend's mum Mel, as she is a hair dresser and had my hair dyed. She braided my hair to the point where I wanted the blonde to begin so that it was all secure and even and then began. By braiding my hair it helped when Mel used the tinting brush to apply the dye as it aided how fair up the dye should go.

Due to testing the blonde dye on my hair previously we knew what colour my hair would turn out like and whether it was a subtle blonde or brighter. Mel put the dye on my hair evenly and used 12% so that it would strip my natural colour enough to make it lighter. So that I didn't damage my hair we didn't bleach my hair before applying the blonde dye because I didn't want to spend so much time treating bleached hair and looking after it more than I usually would, so instead we just used a higher strength and it naturally stripped the brown and turned it into blonde without any extra damage. At first I wasn't sure if the blonde would suit me because of having brown hair for so long but after adjusting to my new colour I really like it! I'm really impressed with the results and my hair looks healthier as the dye gave it more of a finished shine. Luckily because its permanent I won't have to keep having it re-done like I did with my blue hair. This time it can naturally grow out, or I could get it dyed higher up, so its closer to the top of my neck or I could go all blonde. There are so many possibilities what I could do with my hair next but for now I'm really happy with the blonde, especially for these summer months. Unlike my blue hair dye this doesn't wash out after 10 washes and the colour doesn't come out when I wash my hair with shampoo because its not semi-permanent. So luckily this time it doesn't look like I've murdered a blue smurf haha :P 

Mel buys her hair dye from a wholesalers so I wouldn't know what brand the hair dye is or how much you can purchase it for. But if your looking to do the same as me or dip dye your hair another colour there are plenty of DIY dip dye products in Boots and Superdrug or you can just go to the hairdressers. Boots sell their dip-dye kits for around £7 so its affordable and easy. However, if you don't know what your doing I would recommend you go to a professional so you don't make any mistakes you might regret. 

If some of you are wanting to be adventurous and want to do something different with your hair whether to have a change or do something new then just do it! I was really hesitant and worried that blonde wouldn't suit me but I love my new hair, its different, its brighter and it gives you a different look to work with :) I wish I'd dyed my hair blonde sooner after seeing how much it suits me :) 

If you have any questions regarding dip-dying your hair then don't hesitate to comment below or email me :)






See you soon lovelies!

Amy xx 

2 comments:

  1. Your hair is gorgeous, the dip-dye suits you really well :) x

    http://paulamarieee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system