Tuesday 4 August 2015

June/July Favourites

Hey guys!
I haven't done a favourites post in about a year and seeing as July has now ended I thought I'd combine my June favourites with July and show you what I've been loving these past two months! :)

 Beauty Related-

Soap and Glory Flake Away Body Scrub 300ml

I've used the Soap and Glory Flake Away Body Scrub for years but this month it has been my savoir. It was recently my cousin's wedding and I was wearing open toe platform heels, so my feet were on full show. A few days before the wedding my feet weren't looking in their best condition so I started using Flake Away and after a few uses my feet were amazingly soft and didn't look dry or cracked. It definitely made my feet look superb and I was confident wearing my heels. And I'm going on holiday in a few weeks so I'm gonna continue to use Flake Away in August to ensure my feet are dry and cracked free for the beach! :) 








Barry M Nail Varnish | 318 Peach Melba

I actually borrowed this from my cousin after finding it at her house and I've been using it ever since. At the moment I'm loving light colours not colours like a neon pink but subtle colours like this peach. I'm not currently wearing this polish as I had my nails done for my cousin's wedding but I was wearing it a while before. It lasted ages and only chipped a few times which is good for me haha :P It is definitely one of my summer recommendations and perfect to wear with white! If you want a basic nail polish that will add a bit of colour to your outfit this is perfect!








eJove Aloe Vera Body Lotion | From Lanzarote

My skin can be very sensitive so I try to use body lotion that has no perfume or anything other than natural ingredients, so Aloe Vera is perfect! I always buy Aloe Vera when I go to Lanzarote as its so much cheaper compared to brands in the UK.  I've being using the eJove brand this month and I've already ran out so I'll have to wait till I go to Lanzarote again to buy some more. What I love about this Aloe Vera is that you only need a little bit and don't need to cake it on as its so moisturising and soaks into the skin so easily! It perfect for when you have got sunburn as well as a little bit of Aloe Vera will soothe it and reduces the risk of peeling. Aloe Vera body lotion is perfect for the summer :) 

Skinmiso Pore Beauty Nose Pack | 10 Pack

A review on this brand of blackhead removal will be up on my blog soon! What I've been loving about this nose pack is that it doesn't make my skin inflamed and its not a painful process, its so soothing and cooling to the skin. Its one of the easiest methods of blackhead removal I have found. I've been using it for a while and after seeing such great results its now one of my favourite beauty regimes along with other cleansing routines. If you want to know more about this brand and the process look out for the review on my blog :) 

Animal Panda Whitening Face Mask | SNP

I recently posted a review on this face mask, if you haven't read it already go check it out :) I can't wait to re-purchase the different types that SNP are selling especially the dragon one haha :p What I've been loving is that its so cooling and seeing as its summer its perfect. Here its constantly humid and has that sticky atmosphere that everyone hates, so this mask makes my face feel so fresh and cool. I love that feeling! Don't you?




Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation | 52 Vanilla

This is by far the best foundation I have used in a long time! I can't even begin to explain why I love it. It smells amazing, feels so light, you don't need a lot for a good coverage and its affordable. As its summer and the temperature is increasing I don't like to wear heavy foundation or a lot of make up so this foundation has been my best friend. I only apply a little bit and it lasts all day! Woo! :) Its the type of foundation where you can't apply it wrong. I experimented using different methods to applying it including a foundation brush, beauty blender, by hand and either way it has a flawless finish. You can even use it to just cover up blemishes as it blends so well. This is my #1 in my make up bag at the moment.


Non Beauty Related-

TV

The Return Of Superman | Korean Reality TV Show

The Return of Superman is a Korean reality show that aires on Sundays on KBS World TV. I have to watch it on KBS World YouTube channel as I don't have KBS over here in the UK. The Return of Superman is about Korean celebrity dads who are left with their children for 48 hours, while the mothers go away for either work or relaxation. Therefore the dads have to entertain and explore different activities with their children. It is a very fun and entertaining to watch. I've bee getting really into it this past couple of months and have become familiar with the families. Its the highlight to my Sunday Night :) 
School 2015: Who Are You | Korean Drama

This is the best Kdrama I have seen since Emergency Couple and Boys Over Flowers. Its so dramatic but a feel good drama. I cried at so many episodes and it had many heart stopping moments. Who Are You is a drama based on two girls, who are twins, but were separated when one of  them (Eun Byul) was adopted and the other (Eun-Bi) was left to grow up at the orphanage. After Eun Byul goes missing on a school trip she returns but has lost her memory. So throughout the drama she tries to find out what happened and discovers she is a twin. As I don't want to give any spoilers I'll stop there. Its quite a hard drama to explain as so much happens in between and there are so many little details. But it has a brilliant ending and definitely gives you the feels hehe :p
Orange Marmalade | Korean Drama 

I finished this drama yesterday and I have to say the ending was pretty good! Not as good as Who Are You but I did enjoy the ups and downs of this drama. Orange Marmalade is about two high school students called Jung Jae-Min and Baek Ma-Ri, Baek Ma-Ri's true identity is a vampire and Jung Jae-Min falls for her. It's quite a strange drama because it starts off in present moment and then switches to 300 years before then switches back to present day. But it all makes sense in the end :) 

The IT Crowd | Channel 4

I only found this recently on Netflix and it was on the suggestions list so I thought I'd give it a go after my mum raved about it a while ago. It is such a fun show, I watch it before I go to bed most of the time so I can unwind and relax. You don't even have to concentrate its the type of TV show that comes in one ear and out of the other, its comical and not full on. Which is perfect for someone like me.

Music
Hopeless Love | Jimin Park

Hopeless Love was released back in April but I only discovered it recently on YouTube after watching a few Real Got7 episodes. Its not a happy tune and has quite a sad melody but I love the soft tone. Even though sad and slow music can be quite depressing this song does the opposite to me and puts me in a good mood.  I think its because I love the MV, Jimin's voice and the lyrics are relatable :) It a song I love to get ready to in the morning and I find it puts me in good spirits for the rest of the day! If I could have anyone's hair it would be Jimin's. 

Me Gustas Tu | Gfriend 

Gfriend recently released their 2nd mini album Flower Bud and their new song Me Gustas Tu after countless teaser photos and videos. Me Gustas Tu has to be one my favourite songs by Gfriend so far other than Glass bead :) Its so upbeat, bubbly and jolly, an instant up lifter :) The MV is so fun, with lots of bubbly dancing which is both charming and fun! The song is so catchy and summery that it is 3rd in my Top 10 summer playlist! It is a great summer tune!


Can't feel my face | The Weeknd

When I first heard this song I didn't like it, but then around the fourth time I heard it I really liked the tune and turned it up full blast. Its weird isn't it when you hate a song and then suddenly you grow to like it. I've liked The Weeknd for quite a while but its only recently he has become more popular and released more music. Its now at the top of my playlist! 
Books
Looking For Alaska | John Green

I got given Looking For Alaska as a gift, and as you do with most things I put it to the side to read at some point in the future, so this month after seeing it in my pile of books to read this summer I decided that as I was travelling a lot in June I would spend some of my time reading. At first the book was a bit slow and it seemed pretty boring until the story began to unravel a bit more. It takes me a while to read books as I tend to start them and then put them down for another couple of weeks however, with Looking For Alaska I haven't put it down and haven't forgot about it like a lot of books. 

See you soon lovelies!

Amy xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system