Sunday 12 March 2017

My Night Time Cleansing Routine

Hey Guys!

My night time cleansing routine changes all the time as I'm always trying to find the right products to use for my skin type and find products that will work for my routine. So here is my most recent night time cleansing routine  

Step 1: Wipes


The first thing I do when I start my routine is remove all the make up off my face. By using a wipe I try and get the majority of my make up off, especially my eye make up. I like to use a wipe as I only have to use one to get the majority of my make up off and therefore won't have to use too much micellar water to cleanse the rest of my face.

Step 2: Micellar Cleansing Water


The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is great for clearing up and lifting the rest of my make up from around my eyes, nose and hair line. I try to use only a small amount of product so that I don't waste any (seeing as I'm a poor student). After using micellar water my face is fully clear and I can move on to the next step of my cleaning routine. 

Step 3: Face Wash


What is great about this face scrub is that there are three steps. So, you can either use it as a normal everyday face wash, or a face scrub or even a face mask if you leave it on for more than 5 minutes. I tend to just use it as a face scrub so that I can get rid of all the dead skin around my nose, chin and help maintain the amount of oil around my T-Zone. This face wash is great after wearing make up because if the wipes or micellar cleansing water didn't get all my make up off this face wash will!

Step 4: Face Mask


Sometimes I skip this step as I don't like to use a face mask every night, so I'd say I do around 2-3 face masks a week. I choose between the Mint Julep Masque and Innisfree Capsule Recipe face masks. All these face masks are great at reviving the skin and deeply cleansing my pores so no oil and dirt is left behind. They are also great for making my skin look and feel smoother and brighter! My skin can look very dull and lifeless after wearing make up all day so I like to treat it by deep cleansing  

Step 5: Serum


After doing step 3 and 4 I move on to choose a serum. I have multiple different serums that have different properties to help my skin. My favourite serum helps lock in the moisture and  maintain elasticity in my skin. Every night I'll use a different serum from my collection and because they are in cute little bottles/ tubes I can get a few uses from one bottle in one week. 

Step 6: Oil/ Gel


I also sometimes skip this step as well depending on whether I feel like my skin needs it or not. Both the oil and gel are great for locking all the moisture in and while I'm sleeping absorbs into my skin so that my skin is super smooth and a good base for my make up the next morning. The problem with this oil is that I do sometimes use too much and it then takes forever to absorb into my skin and leaves marks on my pillowcase which frustrates me!

Step 7: Moisturiser


I like to use a thick moisturiser as one of my last steps in my cleansing routine, so that I can lock in everything I just did previously to this step and so that I don't loose any of the goodness my skin is absorbing from these products! Sometimes I'm really bad at remembering to moisturise as I can be so lazy a lot of the time but when I do remember my skin looks great the next morning!  

Step 8: Lip Balm


Just before I go to sleep I like to put on lip balm so that my lips don't go dry or chapped while I sleep. I always seem to wake up in the morning with dry cracked lips which isn't pleasant when I'm trying to put on any type of lip products when doing my make up. So, just before I sleep I like to make sure my lips are moisturised for the next day! It's a step I recommend to everyone. 

What is the most important step in your night time cleansing routine?

See you on Wednesday my lovelies!  

Amy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system