Wednesday 15 March 2017

Doing Something Out Of Your Comfort Zone | 2017 Goals

Hey Guys! 

At the beginning of the year I wrote down a list of goals I wanted to achieve by the end of the year, things that can be measurable, not too hard to achieve and will develop myself and hopefully keep me motivated. One of those goals was to go out and do more things out of my comfort zone and today I did that. At Newcastle University it is 'One World Week' so they are holding events to celebrate world language and culture on our campus and my friend saw that they were doing language taster classes and Korean was one of them. My friend is Korean herself and knowing that I'm also interested in the language she encouraged me to attend the taster session as a beginner. 

Before I came to university I would never have gone to anything like this because I always get uncomfortable and scared going into a situation where I don't no anybody and not knowing what to expect, but since moving to uni I have become more comfortable doing something that I normally wouldn't have tried. So, I decided to go and attend the language class and it was actually a great idea! Obviously learning a new language is hard, but meeting new people and having a new challenge was refreshing! 

Recently, I've been in a bit of a low mood and not very motivated, so doing something different and actually enjoying it has motivated me again to get work done and be productive! 

If you are dying to do something new and different but your scared because you have never done anything like it before and its unfamiliar don't be scared! Just do it and make the most of the opportunities we are given   Now that I've done something I would have never done before there will be other opportunities I will be able to undertake without being so nervous!

You can do it! 

'A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown' - Denis Waitley

'Life begins at the end of your comfort zone' - Neale Donald Walsch

'Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new!' -Brian Tracy

What is something you want to do, but too scared to actually go? Let me know in the comments below! 

See you on Sunday my lovelies!  

Amy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system