Wednesday 18 January 2017

Review on Sammydress and Zaful | Collaboration

Hey Guys!

Today I have a review for you guys on 2 pieces of clothing from Zaful and 4 pieces from Sammydress. You guys will already have heard of Sammydress due to having uploaded a few posts about them already but if you don't know who Zaful are, they are: "your one-stop online shop for today’s most daring, exciting and edgy fashion apparel. Our affordable collections are all about redefining trends, design excellence and exceptional quality to satisfy the needs of every aspiring fashionista. The original idea is to share the latest news and fashion trends on women’s clothing with fashion-forward, free-thinking girls, and we offer the fast fashion worldwide." So both Sammydress and Zaful are online fashion retailers who pride themselves on providing their target market with products from current trends and with high quality clothing for affordable prices. 

To check out their products and websites go over to:

The items I am reviewing for you today are quite varied and aren't from a particular collection so you will be seeing quite a few different pieces. 

Items from Sammydress

When I first received the cardigan from Sammydress I had no idea how to wear it or how the design worked because the initial design looks complicated but once I figured out where the arm holes were it made sense haha! Its a rare design and the seems and folds are in the most bizarre place, its more like the cardigan is to be worn side ways but I really like how the cardigan falls. Because of where you put your arms and where it rests on your shoulders it looks better than you would think. But because of the way it falls it isn't exactly fit for winter, it doesn't close at the front and if its windy you are most likely to get very cold, especially if you live in the North East like me :) Its more of an spring piece. I like how it is different though and isn't like your everyday cardigan. Also, with it being grey it goes with a lot of other coloured pieces like my black and blue jeans and skirts. Its an item that I love having in my wardrobe and I can't wait to wear it more in Spring and Summer! I think because it is a knitted piece it feels so much better quality wise, there are no seems coming loose and no stitches coming undone which is always good!

Sammydress's prices are always really reasonable, you can always find a deal and if your a student like me their clothing is great for you! They are affordable and the quality is what you pay for. Most of the items I've received from Sammydress have all been good quality and once you look at the price you are getting such a reasonably priced item. If you are bored of the every day looking cardigan and want an alternative to your wardrobe the Batwing Cardigan is something you should look in to getting. 



I wear this top to a lot of events whether its a meal out with family/friends, going out for a drink or special occasions like Christmas. It is a very comfortable blouse and goes well with both jeans and skirts. Its an item that you could probably wear with anything due to it being white. I love how the arms are lace because its adds something more to the blouse, it doesn't make it simple and basic and breaks the sleeve up. Most off- the- shoulder tops or blouses have the same design all over but I really like the lace patchwork because it makes it look lively and more thought has gone into the outfit choice. 

The only complaint I would have is that some of the stitching on the seems around the arms and elastic is starting to fray and so I end up picking some of the stitches and pulling at it, which can be irritating because the more it frays the less quality it looks. But the quality of the rest of the top like the lace arms and the detailing going down the centre of the top is still good. Considering its only some of the stitches fraying the rest of the blouse is great quality! One thing though is that it is very see through, so you do have to make sure that you wear a white bra or bralette and it has to be strapless so that the straps don't show on your shoulders. 


Like the cardigan and a majority of other Sammydress products its still a really affordable piece and one thing I love about Sammydress is their packaging is always great! They use multiple different clothing bags to ensure the clothing is delivered safely and there aren't any rips and tears to the packaging. 


Sweet Tied Stand Collar Long Sleeve Pleated Black Chiffon Dress For Women


When I first tried the black chiffon dress on I didn't like the dress at all. It's suppose to be an XS because I have quite a small frame and a very small waist but it was really loose fitting around my waist, bum and the arch of my back, it only clung to my shoulders and my chest.  It didn't accentuate my waist like I thought it would. A lot of the dresses I buy are quite tight fitting because it suits my figure better and body-con dresses are the best for my type of frame and my height so I was quite disheartened. Therefore, I just came to the conclusion that the dress wasn't made to fit my figure and I was likely to just put it in the back of my wardrobe and it would hide in the back until I found a use for it or would give it to someone else. 

But one of the days at uni we had a house viewing booked and I had nothing to wear because I hadn't done my laundry yet so I wore the black dress with knee high socks, black boots and a big grey overcoat and surprisingly I loved the combination. And after 3 or 4 more times of wearing it out I started to like the loose feeling and look. Because it hung right on my shoulders it didn't hang badly on the rest of my body, it didn't accentuate my hips and torso like I wanted originally but by pairing it with other items I actually really started to like the loose fitting look and I'm a big fan of black dresses, in fact the majority of my wardrobe is black dresses so I grew to love it! I tend to pair it with high knee socks or a pair of black tights and boots. It looks best with an all black outfit :) 

Simple Women's Sandals With Platform and Chunky Heel Design





These pair of shoes confused me for a while haha! The strap design of these shoes are slightly different from what I have seen before on my other pair of shoes or the ones I've even seen in shops. Instead of a normal buckle where you fasten the strap across your ankle into the buckle it already has the buckle attached to the strap. So it appears like a normally shoe where you put the strap into the buckle and tighten but you slide the strap into the clasp and not through it so it fits in like a puzzle. Its really hard to describe but in the photo's you will be able to see what I mean. They are incredibly comfortable and the straps don't rub as much as other shoes I've brought, I think its because the material isn't very rough and it doesn't cause friction at the back of my feet so I haven't received any blisters when I've been out wearing them which is always a bonus! 

I've also never had nude shoes before, I've always stuck to colour or black. But what is good with these is that they go with everything. I can wear them with any of my dresses and other outfit choices and it doesn't look out of place or odd. If you go out on a night out in them though they can get quite dirty from walking around the city all night haha :) So I do have to clean them every time I've been out in them, but the benefit of the material is that it isn't suede and all the dirt is wiped off easily.


 Out of all the items I've received from Sammydress I think these are my favourite :)


Items from Zaful


Crochet Solid Colour Cami Dress


I've always wanted a white dress with details either lace or something similar to patchwork across the bodice. In general I have never had a white dress because I always thought I would get it dirty if I ever went out or I wouldn't be able to pair it with anything but now I actually do have a white dress its easier to go in then any other dress I have. I still don't wear it very often because I'm worried someone will spill a drink on me or something and it will be ruined so I'm very hesitant but I love the fact its so comfortable and all of my shoes go with it :) Other than the fact I'm worried someone will spill something on me like most night outs in Newcastle it is also very cold up here in the North East at the moment so it is way too cold to be wearing a dress but I hope that in the summer I will have the reason to wear it, like some summer parties or something :)


 I like that its close to a halter neck so that it goes relatively close to my neck. I like dresses that aren't so low cut as I like to cover my chest a lot of the time, so I love halter neck dresses! It isn't a very figure hugging piece, a lot like the black chiffon dress, and it is quite flowing but I don't mind that. Now that I've found a new love for loose fitting dresses I like the white dress more than I thought I would, and it does fit me really well around my chest and shoulders so it looks better than I originally thought when I received the dress.  The stitching and seems are all very neat and the crochet details don't catch as easily as I thought. I have two cats and a dog and I'm always used to my clothes being snagged or parts being pulled so I was shocked to not have some crotchet being pulled or coming loose - hooray! Another thing I was worried about with a white dress is if I would have to wear white underwear underneath and if it would be really revealing but there is a white under coat, so the dress doesn't become so see through and you can't see my silhouette underneath :) I used to have dresses where you could see everything underneath so I try to look for dresses where you can't see all my underwear haha!


Zaful is a little more expensive than Sammydress, but it depends on what you are looking to buy. A lot of their high priced items are coats and dresses but other items are a little more affordable. Zaful is a lot like New Look and H&M especially with the quality of their clothing. If your a student like me I would say Sammydress is more affordable but Zaful's products are more like special occasion wear for me :)


Large Lapel Irregular Hem Wool Coat




I was so excited to receive this item from Zaful because it was a style of coat I had never had before and I thought I would be able to pair it with so many other items of clothing, but the coat is much bigger than I imagined. I thought the cape like features would be much smaller and just fold over each other, however its quite big. It's suppose to me a small size similar to all my other pieces of clothing but this item I don't think is sized correctly. For me this is a bit of a problem because of how petite I am as it looks too much and like a lot is going on at the front. It looks like I'm clearly wearing something too big and I can hardly wear it with anything. 

However, the rest of the coat like the sleeves and around the shoulders fits me perfectly. Its just all the fabric and material in the front that is too much. I haven't worn it a lot due to it not suiting my petite figure or even fitting me, but it might come in handy when it gets much colder up here in the north. It might not fit me with the usual clothes I wear but if I end up wearing layer on layer this winter least I have a coat that I know will go over all my clothing haha!


The price of the jacket was reasonable, however because it came oversized I was quite disappointed. I'd say the trimmings of the coat were good quality so the only fault I really found was the excessive amount of material at the front of the coat. I really dislike it. If the coat actually fit my figure and didn't have so much fabric everywhere I would have no faults with it. 

I really liked all of the Sammydress products I received! Other than some problems with stitching fraying and some confusion with how I wear the item I really enjoy wearing all of clothes :) I love the white dress I received from Zaful and I'm happy I finally have a white dress in my wardrobe but I really dislike the black coat, it just does not suit my small frame at all. 

The shipping time for all the items was quick and efficient and their customer service have no faults! They are all so friendly and always happy to help at both Sammydress and Zaful if you ever have any problems :)

To find out more information on Sammydress and Zaful check out their social media links below:



What is your favourite item in your wardrobe?

See you soon lovelies!

Amy xx

1 comment:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system