Wednesday 5 July 2017

Netflix Watch List | July 2017

Hey Guys!

There are so many great series on Netflix, and there are a few I've been desperate to watch, so while I've got spare time over the summer I want to finally get round to watching all these popular shows everyone is talking about :) Lets Go! 

Orange is the New Black


My best friend Sam has been trying to get me to watch Orange is the New Black for so long and has always raved about how great the story-line is, so I'm determined to finally binge watch all the seasons and see what the fuss is about! I know what the basic plot line is and what happens in some of the episodes so I'm intrigued to find out more! 

Peaky Blinders 


I've watched a couple of episodes here and there when its been on the TV and enjoyed them, hence I thought that it was about time I sat down and watched them properly, so that I could get a better idea  of what the series is about and not get confused when something really dramatic like a stand off occurs! I'm really into dramatic and action filled shows like these so if there are any other ones similar let me know in the comments below  

Shadow Hunters


I loved watching the City of Bones movie starring Lily Collins and have always wanted to read the books, so now that there is a series on Netflix I want to see how good it is. Two of my flat mates have raved about how good the series is compared to the film and that the series is closer to the books than it is the movie so I hope it will live up to my expectations :) 

The Tudors


After reading 'Henry VIII's Wives' I've got really into shows and movies based around the Tudor and Elizabethan era, so I want to start watching The Tudors after both my flat mate and mum recommended it. I know there are quite a few seasons to catch up on but I'm really into historical themed dramas so it shouldn't take me long to finish it haha! 

Pretty Little Liars


The amount I read and see on Twitter and Facebook about Pretty Little Liars I should know the story-line by now but thankfully I stayed away from some of the spoilers! This show seems to have been around forever but I've never thought to start watching it until recently :) After seeing so many different trailers and tweets I thought it was about time I started to watch season 1 and see what the hype is about. One of my friends said that she is addicted to the show and is always talking about how it was getting so dramatic and me being a drama lover it sounds right for me haha!

Reign


I started watching it a while back but I was so busy at the time that I couldn't continue watching it and now I'm really behind and have forgot completely what happened in the few episodes that I watched! But I want to get back into it as there are four seasons to catch up on now haha! Like I've said previously I love historical themed dramas and I know that Reign is all about the drama so I'm looking forward to it  

Poldark


When Poldark came out on the BBC I wasn't really bothered to be honest and I didn't see the big appeal to the show but now that I've actually been to the location of filming and read a little bit more into the history and origin of the show I'm quite interested! So hopefully I won't be disappointed. Aidan Turner is some eye candy as well  

Medici: Masters of Florence


I've never heard of this show before and nobody has ever mentioned or recommended it so when it popped up as a suggestion on Netflix I was intrigued. Seeing that the main protagonist is played by the same actor who was in Game of Thrones I wanted to see if this show is any good compared to other series based in the same time period. I didn't even bother continue reading into the series and just added it to the watch list. We will have to see if its any good :p

Frontier


Like Medici: Masters of Florence I hadn't heard anything of Frontier before until it came up as a suggestion on Netflix and from reading a little bit of the blurb I thought the action and historical theme is something I would enjoy, so its on the watch list! 

The Last Kingdom


If you are a fan of The Vikings from the History channel you might be interested in this too! He was from a Saxon family, the Vikings killed his father and raised him as their own and it sounded very compelling when I read some of the blurb! I loved the Viking series (even though I haven't finished it yet) and considering this is about the same period of history I think I'll enjoy it too :)

Hopefully I'll be able to watch them all before the second year uni work drowns me and I'll have no time for Netflix or a social life haha! :)

Let me know if there are any other shows your guys recommend! 

See you on Sunday my lovelies!  

Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system