Sunday 3 September 2017

Recent Movies I've Been Obsessing Over | Part 2

Hey Guys!

On Sunday I shared a post with you about films that I had watched over summer that I was obsessing over and loving! And instead of making it a really long and boring post I split them into two parts, so here is part two  

Let's go! 

The Legend of Tarzan



I actually thought this was a live action version by Disney but it turns out it isn't, it isn't linked to them at all, but obviously Tarzan isn't just a story created by Disney. Many other production companies have created films and stories about the fictional character.

I love the story of Tarzan, I think its a great tale and the relationship he has with all the animals is so enchanting! As a child I always wanted to have an elephant and monkey for a friend and obviously as I grew up that little dream became very hard to achieve haha! But I still loved watching the Disney animation. So, when I came across the 2016 'Legend of Tarzan' film I was very intrigued to how the story would be portrayed differently and if anything was adapted or changed, and to my surprise it was very similar to the Disney fictional film but was based after Tarzan had met Jane and wasn't about being discovered by man but more about how he has adapted into society and having to go back to Africa to protect his ape family. It is a very action packed film, with lots of fighting and conflict between different parties but it isn't all about the fighting and the selfishness of the enemy, its also about family and the connections he still has with the animals even after moving away. 

I think the movie is a great new story for the fictional character Tarzan and how his life progresses. It is even better being live action as I got to see it in a completely new light. It is very heartwarming and Margot Robbie and Alexander SkarsgĂ„rd are perfect for the casting!

If you were a fan of the Disney animation Tarzan than check out this version! 

Spirited Away



I'm actually in love with this movie! I remember it was on the television one of the days when I was younger but at the time I never got the chance to see it, and I can't believe I never saw it until now! It is such a cute movie   I'm really into Asian dramas and anime so this movie was perfect! It is such a happy feel good movie that is sweet, innocent and is the type of film where you can just sit back and enjoy it without having to think too much! Each of the characters have such lovable characteristics and some of the story is just so wacky and unrealistic, its so fun! The main character Chihiro is adorable and the way every character tries to help her is so sweet!

Considering it is dubbed in English as the original voice over is in Japanese you wouldn't be able to tell, it could be as if spoken originally in English! 

I feel like Spirited Away is a classic that everyone should watch! Especially if you aren't into anime as it might shine a new light to that genre of television  

Footloose (2011)



This version of Footloose is the remake from 2011, as I wasn't sure about watching the original Footloose as I don't really like Kevin Bacon and watching a two hour film with him as the main character is not really my idea of fun haha! He just annoys me, especially after the EE advert! Anyway, the 2011 remake is so good, they updated all the tracks to more recent songs except from the original movie track 'Footloose'. The soundtrack is so good - definetley fits the film perfectly!

I love the story line for Footloose and the protagonist Ren is the cutest! His character is so sweet and all his friends are so funny, especially Willard, his personality is hilarious haha! Seeing all the traditional line dancing and classic dance moves was so amusing :)

I love that the film is just so chill, light-hearted and the soundtrack definitely makes it more fun, a little like Guardians of The Galaxy! I find a lot of soundtracks made the films so much better  They made them more enjoyable! I actually liked it so much I downloaded it on to my phone and get ready to it in the morning haha!

When it comes to movies with great songs I always get a bit carried away and end up listening to the songs all the time and learning them off my heart haha! Especially films like Mamma Mia, Funny Girl and Disney movies  

The Godfather Trilogy



Me and my mum have sat and watched the Godfather trilogy over the past two weeks and damn they are long! A three hour film is tough to watch in the evening when you have been busy all day and have to concentrate to what is going on! But it is such a great trilogy of films! I love gangster, mob type mafia films as they are so packed with action and I love the way Italian families are so close and look after each other as it is how my family are so I can relate  I think the first movie is my favourite as I love Don Vito Corleone as the head of the family, I like that he is feared and respected by a lot of people but will help any of his friends and family in need, he is a loyal man! In the first movie I like that Michael has just returned and that all his family are still in it like all his brothers and mother. I actually can't believe its taken me this long to actually watch the movies as my cousins have always recommended them to me! 

The second movie is great too as it obviously moves on to when Michael becomes the head of the family and takes control of all the businesses and has his own children, but I miss Vito Corleone and it isn't the same with him not being in it anymore but obviously it moves through the times! I also think when they flashback to when Vito moves to New York and his origins before becoming the Godfather is great! The second movie is very dramatic and I do love a bit of drama so its the perfect set of films for me haha! 

Then, the third film is obviously the conclusion to the trilogy when the head of the family changes again to Vincent, and I think the film was so action packed that I had to keep reminding myself what had happened in the beginning as three hours is a long time for a lot of action and complicated drama to happen haha! I had to keep asking my mum a lot of questions as she has seen all the films before :) 

If you like organised crime movies like Goodfellas and Oscar, where there is loads of conflict, drama and action you'll love the Godfather trilogy! But you can't just watch the first one you need to watch all three otherwise you'll be missing out on some great scenes! 

If there are any really good movies that I haven't mentioned comment below and I'll add them to my film list  

What is your favourite movie of all time?

See you on Wednesday my lovelies!

Amy xx 


1 comment:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system