Wednesday 6 September 2017

My Favourite YouTubers

Hey Guys! 

I've watched YouTube for a very long time as it has always been a source of entertainment, escapism, and a great place to search things like tutorials! Thanks to YouTube I was able to become more creative with my blog and it is actually a very motivating platform for someone like me, as when I see someone else getting results I believe in myself a lot more! So I thought I'd share with you guys who my favourite YouTubers are, those who motivate me with my own creative content and who also give the best escapism from my own reality  

Lindy - BubzBeauty


I have watched Lindy's videos for as long as I can remember! Before she got married and had both Issac and Ayla! I can't remember how I discovered her channel now but I remember when I was at secondary school I would always watch her make up and hair tutorials and try them out for school. I can't believe that she has actually been on YouTube for this long, she has achieved so much in such a short time! Building a school in Laos is incredible and being able to see such a great individual accomplish that is so influential. I love watching both Lindy's videos and vlogs; they are just so positive  I'm big on being positive and optimistic and she is exactly that, all her videos are casual, fun and they are perfect for cheering you up when in your reality you aren't having the best time! I love that she gives such great advice at overcoming certain obstacles we all experience and she gives me motivation to be better at everything I do, especially being more productive and making the most of what I have!  

Weylie - ilikeweylie and WahlieTV


Weylie is so hilarious! She is one of my all time favourite YouTube creators and she is the one person I always get excited about when she is uploading new videos and vlogs! I've watched Weylie since she first started her YouTube channel when she uploaded her iconic Tampon video and I loved her then and I still love her videos now ♡ I feel like I've actually grown up with her as she has moved on from high school, gone to college, moved in with Wah, moved to San Francisco, then Los Angeles and all the bits in between. Her friendship with Sophia as well is so funny, they literally bounce off each other haha! She has done so well with her YouTube channel and over the years her creative content has given me a lot of inspiration especially her Girl Talk videos and personal advice Q&As. The things she has learnt I have been able to adapt into my own life as well.


 I absolutely adore her relationship with Wah, even though they will only show the best parts of their relationships through her social media platforms I just love how supportive they are of each other and to be together for that many years is so cute! I like both Weylie's individual YouTube channel but also her channel she shares with Wah. Their vlog channel is so funny, their daily adventures and the dogs are so entertaining it could cheer anybody up after a bad day. Seeing them both grow as people and achieve so many great things is so satisfying, they have done so many exceptional things and shared so many achievements through both their channels that it gives people like me a boost in the right direction, a nudge to achieve something you have to work hard for it!  

Sophia Chang


This girl is so funny! I love her humour and character :) I only discovered Sophia through Weylie when they became close friends after meeting in Los Angeles and then through them becoming friends and vlogging together I became interested in the content that Sophia created. She did videos very similar to Weylie and so I knew that I would enjoy watching her videos! She has such a great humour and over time her content has got better and better and the creative ideas she gets helps me create ideas for my own content and what I want to be able to achieve on this platform. Sophia has a very unique style and her lookbook videos have actually inspired me to try wearing different things and experiment wearing clothes I wouldn't normally wear but want to, basically be more creative. Other than her creative content like make up tutorials and fashion related content I really love her vlogs as well. Obviously Weylie and Wah are in them as well so that does make everything a lot more entertaining but even when it is just her and Silas they are so positive and comical. Her spirit and happy energy is just something else, even in her videos when she has been struggling with something she still shows the bright side to everything! Silas is great too, if you haven't checked out his photography it is amazing :) It's people like Weylie and Sophia that encourage me to try new looks with make up and fashion and to experiment a lot more without worrying about the outcome. I highly recommend you check Sophia's videos, if you don't like the videos at least stay for the graphics and edits, they are so good!  

Stephanie - soothingsista 


I used to watch Stephanie back in the day and then for a while I didn't watch any of her videos because at the time the content created wasn't something I was interested in. But this past year the content she has been producing has been so good! Especially the different make up looks she has been rocking and her vlogs! I love that most of my favourite YouTubers are friends so whenever I watch one of their vlogs 90% of the time the rest of them will be in it haha! They kind of rotate in the same circles so they all get to experience the same sort of experiences, therefore if one doesn't upload a video about it one of the others will! Stephanie is a great person, who is someone I aspire to me like. She is so selfless and genuine, like Weylie and Sophia and none of them have changed even though they have gained more popularity on their social platforms over the years. My favourite videos that Stephanie has created for me are her tattoo related ones, I love her different tattoos and when she got her first few a couple of years ago I got so interested in their individual meanings and where the inspiration came from. Stephanie has a very unique style, like Sophia and that makes me want to try different types of looks and try shopping in different places! She actually encouraged me to wear my glasses more as I started to feel less self conscience about having to wear them 90% of the time. 

Jenn Im - Clothes Encounters


When I first started watching Jenn's videos a few years ago I would watch a video here and there and I wouldn't really be bothered if it was a favourites video or a make up look because at the time I wasn't really bothered about creative make up looks or what other people were into throughout the months. But over the past year I've been loving all her videos! Whether its a 'What Would Jenn Wear', 'Monthly Favourites', 'Lookbooks' and her vlogs. I find her videos give me a lot of motivation for my own content on this blog, as seeing how well she edits her videos together and the graphics encourages me to do better and achieve what she has been able to achieve! She is also a great optimistic person, and obviously like Jenn says you can't be positive and optimist all the time but at least you can try and that is what I like about her. She is constantly trying to improve herself and work harder to achieve her goals which is very inspiring to watch. She has suggested so many great books and apps that are great for self help, motivation, positive thinking and general happiness which has been encouraging!  

Annabelle - Cat Creature


I only started watching Annabelle's video a few months ago and she is someone I've never come across before, and by that I mean someone who has a unique type of content creating and editing her videos. But also just her personality, to me she is someone so genuine and down to earth that it feels like she is a close friend and she is so thoughtful about her sister and family. Seeing her interact with her family and the way she cares for them encourages me to be a better person and be a lot more grateful for what I have  I love how creative she is with her editing and how she puts her videos together! She definetley puts a different perspective on things, making any situation good and making the most of everything! Her videos this summer have been so inspiring and have actually changed my outlook on particular things; be a lot more grateful for what I have in my life and those around me. It's incredible how the way she has filmed and edited these videos can change one person's perspective on so many different aspects of life!

Cassey Ho - Blogilates


Cassey has been on YouTube for what seems like forever and since I've started uni she is the best YouTuber to watch when you can't afford to go to the gym because your a poor student! She has different work outs for those who are at different levels of fitness and she just makes a really hard work out so much easier! I'm really bad at working out and lack a lot of motivation to reach the actual fitness level I want, but thanks to Cassey's video I'm beginning to develop the type of motivation I need to get the result I want :)

She also has great videos for relaxation and stretching which are great if you can't sleep. I'm the worst for settling down to sleep after a busy day so stretching and just relaxing in a quiet environment for a few minutes helps me settle for a quiet half an hour before I try to sleep  


Who is your favourite YouTuber? Let me know in the comments below!

See you on Sunday my lovelies!  

Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system