Saturday 26 August 2017

My Night Time Summer Skincare Routine | 2017

Hey Guys!

Over the past couple of months I have switched up my night time skin care routine
 a bit as I began to notice my skin gradually getting dry around my eyebrows and cheeks. I had also collected a few more products to give a try so I worked them into my skin care routine to see if they would work with the condition of my skin. 

Lets get started!

#1 Micellar Water

I've used Garnier's micellar water products before so I knew they would work out for me when removing my make up, especially stubborn products like mascara and eyeliner. I love that it is so pure and basic but is perfect at removing all the impurities, oil and make up I've worn all day. It is definetley a go to product! I even buy the cute little travel version when I go on holiday as its just so convenient! 


Sometimes if I just need to focus a little more on the removal of my eye make up because my eye shadow or eyeliner is a little stubborn I use the Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Make Up Remover. But the only thing I don't particularly like with this make up remover is that sometimes it stings and makes my eyes really sore, which doesn't seem right if it is suppose to be a product focusing on your eye area and states that it is 'extra gentle'. It isn't every time but it has happened to catch me out and basically blind me for a few seconds! But it works when I need it to so I'll continue to use it haha!


#2 Cleaner/ Scrub

In the evening I use my Simple Foam Cleanser as its great at removing the rest of my make up that was missed in the previous step. It is really gentle and soft, which is perfect as I tend not to use a really harsh scrub before applying a detox face mask and its been doing great wonders for my skin. Since using this product my skin has started to get much softer and brighter. When I wake up in the morning my skin isn't as patchy and I don't have any red inflammation which I used to experience when using other face scrubs and cleansers. At the moment I'm trying to be more delicate with my skin and treat it better so a gentle cleanser is always a good product to turn to  


#3 Face Mask

I've mentioned this face mask a few times now on my blog and it is still an amazing product! I don't use it every time I cleanse my face, only three times a week as using it every time would stress my skin out a bit too much and I don't want to use it excessively. As you might be able to tell I've finished all of it and will need to look for another face mask to use next, but I highly recommend the Pure Clay Purity Mask for it has helped clear my acne prone areas like my cheeks and jaw line. It does run out quite quickly though considering you are suppose to use it three times a week! 


#4 Serum/ Treatment Oil

I've been using this Serum for the longest time and I've always loved the results so I've never bothered trying anything new or a different brand. I probably will in the future when I'm in the experimenting mood but at the moment I'm happy with what it does for me! I like using a serum as it retains more moisture which is great for my dry skin. And it has anti-wrinkle remedies in it, and I know I'm only 19 but prevention is key and I have terrible terrible frown lines on my forehead so anything that will help reduce those I try haha!


#5 Night Cream

I've used this night cream for a while now and it is quite a thick night cream which some people aren't a fan of as it takes a lot longer to soak in and be absorbed by the skin, but for the evening I tend to put on a thicker cream so that my skin can absorb a greater amount of moisture while I sleep. They do say that between 10pm and 2am your skin is at its best healing point and so that is the time you should be applying products to be absorbed and getting a good night sleep. I'm not sure how true it is but I don't mind going to sleep a bit earlier now that I actually have things to do this summer :) 


#6 Eye Cream

This is one of the new products I had picked up and wanted to try! I have been using a few Lacura products for a while now, especially their serum. So, considering  this is a product from the same range I thought I'd see if it worked for me. So, after incorporating it into my skincare routine for around two weeks now I've began to really like it. It is a gel so it has a very sticky texture but after application give it about two minutes and it is fully absorbed and doesn't leave a sticky residue around the eye. You only need a really small amount as well so this small tub should last me a while! 


When it is officially Autumn I'll probably end up switching my skincare routine up again as my skin will probably get a lot of dry patches so I'll have to tailor what products I use to deal with that problem! Is anybody else looking forward to Autumn already?

What is your go to product when you get really dry patches on your skin? Let me know in the comments below!

See you tomorrow lovelies!  

Amy xx




1 comment:

  1. You feel your night skincare does not bring any change to your skin? Maybe you do it wrong! Not only makeup that needs to be used in sequence, it also needs to be sorted skincare.
    http://bit.ly/2EQyD87

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system