Sunday 2 April 2017

Keeping Positive | My Method

Hey Guys!


Sorry there was no post on Wednesday! Late on Tuesday night I flew back from Brussels and got back home from the airport really late and Wednesday I basically slept all day recovering from the hectic four days I travelled around Brussels, so unfortunately I didn't have a post scheduled or arranged for you guys! But I'm back now with a positivity post for you guys!

I like to think I’m a very positive person and that I see the good in every situation but no matter how positive you are there will still be times where things get you down and you get yourself into a rut which you find hard to get out of no matter how hard you try!

There have been several times in the past 8 months where things have got really hard, whether its family or stress related and you find it impossible to be happy or think positively! For ages you think you are going to be stuck in this downward spiral and don’t know how you are ever going to think positive again, and believe me I had been in this situation many times and so have many other people   So to help myself I came up with something so simple and easy to keep my mind clear and encourage myself to be positive. If I do get into a rut or downer mood I have this method to bring me out of it :)

For my birthday my best friend brought me this beautiful journal/notebook from Paperchase and seeing how colourful and vibrant it is I wanted to use it for something special. Thus, I came up with the idea of using it to reflect on myself and my daily life. By reflecting on my daily life and how at least one positive thing would have happened throughout the day it lightens my mood! 


This is my method:

In this journal I write down the date and anything else significant and then I will write 3 things I’m grateful for, something that I have recognised and realised that day to be something special and something I should be thankful for. By writing these three things I'm focusing purely on something positive and it then helps me realise how lucky I am and how I’m more fortunate than other people around the world. I shouldn’t take that for granted therefore, making me happy with what I have been gifted with  I like to use different colours as well throughout the journal to keep it colourful inside and fun! 


Underneath the things I’m grateful for I write a quote for the day that is something I can live by and relate to. By writing these quotes I can fully reflect on why I should be happy and focusing on the great things I have and not what I don’t have! A lot of people focus on what they don't have and not what they do have, so to make myself happier I now try and focus on the great things that are going on in my life :)


This won't work for everybody as everyone will have different ways of staying positive and reflecting on the positive aspects of life but this is the method that works for me! By purely thinking about the things I should be thankful for and reflecting on it puts me in such a great mood and can really help when you are just focusing on the bad things that are surrounding you. Look on the bright side! (slowly starts singing Mr. Brightside haha!)


I hope this helps, even just for one person!  

See you on Wednesday my lovelies!

Amy xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system