Sunday 6 November 2016

Moving to University | Newcastle

Hey Guys!

Now that I'm back its time to update you guys on my life and what I've been up to recently :)

I've been very hiatus throughout August and September due to making the move to Newcastle and settling in at University. I'm currently an undergraduate student at Newcastle University studying Media, Communication and Cultural Studies. I love the university and the city is my new favourite place. Newcastle has now become my second home and considering I'm from a small town in the East Midlands moving to a city was a big change for me. But I love it! 




So on the 24th September I made the move to Newcastle to start my new life at Newcastle University! The drive was long (3 hours and a bit) and considering I was surrounded by most of my belongings it wasn't exactly comfortable! I think Billy (my dog) struggled for space next to me as well haha!

Trying to pack all my stuff into boxes and clear my room was not easy! I packed so much stuff my parents even had to made a second trip up to Newcastle the following weekend to bring me the rest of my stuff. I didn't realise I had so many things I wanted to take to uni with me haha!

We had to set off quite early so that we could get to my accommodation shortly after lunch to get my keys and move into my flat. The freshers who were on hand to help everyone move in were so helpful and about 5 of them all carried my stuff into the flat and into my room and I didn't have to move anything! We were in and out within 5 minutes and the car was empty :)

For most people the move would take a whole day but considering how fast everything was I was there and moved into my room within a couple of hours. It did take me a while to unpack, put everything in its place and considering I didn't have everything I needed yet due to over packing I wasn't fully unpacked until the weekend after where I had a place for everything. 

I settled in quite quick I thought, obviously I missed my family, boyfriend and pets back home but I just focused on the positives of being here at Newcastle and as soon as I got here it felt like home so I didn't struggle to adapt to this drastic change. 

Now that I've finally moved to university and settled in you realise how much your parents do for you, whats its like to be independent and have to look after yourself. Of course there are many positives and negatives but coming to university and moving to such an amazing city has been the best decision I have made!

I will be uploading more posts on life in Newcastle and at the university so look out for more university life content soon :)

See you soon lovelies!

Amy xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system