Tuesday 4 December 2018

Blogmas Day 4: Best Festive Movies To Watch This Christmas

Hey Guys!

⭐Welcome to Day Four of Blogmas ⭐

Christmas movies are one of the best things about the festive season! Other than the Christmas songs, mulled wine, hot chocolates with marshmallows, Christmas decorating and family time! Christmas movies are just the best for getting you in the Christmas spirit ❤

Netflix is banging out quite a few Christmas movies this year! We aren't short of Xmas films to enjoy this year so sit back, grab yourself a hot chocolate/mulled wine, some popcorn, light the candles and pop on a festive film! 

Firstly some classic Christmas films ❄

How The Grinch Stole Christmas



The Grinch is such a great Christmas movie! I know some people really hate the film as it's Jim Carrey and it isn't really their cup of tea, but for me, it's one of the best Christmas films! It's full of funny scenes and relatable moments (refer to The Grinch memes on Twitter!). It is always one of the first Xmas films I put on for the countdown for Christmas ❤

The Holiday



Featuring Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz and Jack Black The Holiday is such a sweet feel-good film! The cute little cottage, all the romance and all that snow ❄ The Holiday is always a film I have watched since I was back in secondary school to start the countdown to Christmas. A lot of good memories come with this film ❤

Polar Express



The Polar Express is so magical! Boarding on a train which takes you to the North Pole. Who wouldn't want to go on a magical train and visit Santa on Christmas Eve. The Polar Express is a great movie for the family ❤

Miracle on 34th Street (1994)



The Miracle of 34th Street is the cutest! I only watched it for the first time two years ago (I know! I'm a bit late!) but it is one of my absolute favourites! Kris Kringle is the best and the little girl protagonist is adorable. If you love family Christmas movies, Miracle of 34th Street is definitely one! 

Elf



I have such great memories watching Elf. At school, we would always watch it on the last day of term before the Christmas holidays and we would all have Christmas treats and our Christmas jumpers on - it was such a treat for us when I was younger! Now I always look back to those memories when I'm watching it now! Elf has so many great moments from singing in the shower scenes, shouting 'Santaaa' in the toy shop and going round and round in the revolving doors. It is one of those movies where you can watch it again and again and it never gets old  ❤

Netflix has also released new Christmas films for us this November/December as well:

The Holiday Calendar



"A talented photographer stuck in a dead-end job inherits an antique Advent calendar that may be predicting the future -- and pointing her toward love."

I watched The Holiday Calendar a few weeks ago, and like most Netflix Christmas movies it has a lot of cheesy and silly scenes but it is a good movie. The idea of a magical advent calendar is a cute concept and seeing something that hasn't been done before in a festive film was good, as a lot of Christmas movies have very similar storylines ❄

The Princess Switch



"When a down-to-earth Chicago baker and a soon-to-be princess discover they look like twins, they hatch a Christmastime plan to trade places"

From the trailer, I was a bit sceptical about The Princess Switch but I was pleasantly surprised. Of course, it is corny but it is also really cute. The Princess Switch came to Netflix on 16th November and I really enjoyed watching it. I plan on watching it again very soon  ❤


The Christmas Prince



"Christmas comes early for an aspiring young journalist when she's sent abroad to get the scoop on a dashing prince who's poised to be king."

The Christmas Prince isn't new to Netflix but I know some people still haven't seen it. So, for those of you who haven't add this to the list. It is corny and mushy like I've said most of these Netflix Christmas movies are, but it is a really good movie! I plan on watching it at least a few more times before Christmas Day ❤

The Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding



"A year after helping Richard secure the crown, Amber returns to Aldovia to plan their wedding. But her simple tastes clash with royal protocol"

If you liked The Christmas Prince then, of course, you have to watch them tie the knot. My housemates and I all sat down and watched it over the weekend and I really enjoyed it. There is a plot twist as well when you expect one person and it's someone completely differently! I'm just hoping they made another one for next Christmas (maybe a Christmas baby?!)

🎄 ☃ ❄

There are so many other great festive films but I thought I would keep it short for now otherwise, I'll just keep going and going haha!

What is your favourite Christmas movie? What are you looking forward to watching this Christmas? I can't wait to watch The Christmas Chronicles as I've heard quite a few good reviews ❤

See you tomorrow for Day Five of Blogmas!

Amy x 

1 comment:

  1. The Grinch is my children's all time favourite movie - they watch it all year round! I make the kids watch Elf while we put up the Christmas tree (family tradition now). This is a great lost of movies :)

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system