Wednesday 12 December 2018

Blogmas Day 12: Getting Ready For My Christmas Ball

Hey Guys!

⭐Welcome to Day Twelve of Blogmas ⭐

Before leaving uni for the Christmas holidays our Media Society at Newcastle University held a Christmas Ball for us to have fun, drink some wine, eat lots of food and see everyone before we all go home.


We went to a lovely place called As You Like It in Jesmond, had canapes, the best tempura prawns I've ever had and lots of wine. Getting to see everyone and catch up was lovely especially as we hadn't seen each other much with all of our assignments and deadlines!

I decided to go for a simple look for the ball, a simple outfit but then dress it up with earrings and shoes. So, I chose an outfit that wasn't very dressy and then chose big statement earrings and bright matching shoes to make it more fancy for the evening ❤


Make Up 



MoisturiserSimple Kind to Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser
Lip Balm: Vaseline Cocoa Butter
Primer: Rimmel London Fix & Protect Primer 
Foundation: Boujois Healthy Mix Anti-Fatigue Foundation | 52 Vanilla
Concealer: Collection Lasting Perfect Concealer | Fair Shade 1
Powder: Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder | 002 Pink Blossom
Eye Brow Pomade: NYX Professional Makeup Tame & Frame Tinted Eyebrow Gel Pomade | Brunette
Eye Shadow: Models Own Duo Eye Shadow both the light and dark shade
Eye Liner: Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner | Black
Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash Mascara | Very Black
BronzerBourjois Bronzing Powder | Medium 51
BlushBourjois Little Round Pot Blusher Powder | Rose D'Or
Cheek Highlighter: I use an eyeshadow to highlight my brow and cheeks to I use the Models Own Duo Eyeshadow that I used on my eyes. 
Lip Colour: N7 High Shine Lip Gloss | Glazed Plum

Hair



To get my hair curly I used the Remington C152WO Curl Create Ceramic Hair Curling Wand and then sectioned my hair off with a clip bit by bit. Starting with the underlayer of my hair and doing tight curls and then moving on to the top layer of my hair last. But unfortunately, I didn't have any hairspray and nobody had any I could borrow so, unfortunately, my hair dropped and didn't stay very curly. So, next time I need to make sure I have bought hairspray before an event so I can ensure my hair stays how I want. 

Outfit



Dress - New Look (£13)
Earrings - H&M (originally for £8.99 and I got them for £3!) 
Shoes - Primark (£12.99)

Unfortunately, you can't see my shoes in this OOTN picture, and I can't find one properly showing my shoes so I'll include a group photo and you'll get an idea of what they are like haha!


❄❄❄

Have you got any Christmas events coming up this month? Let me know in the comments below!

See you tomorrow for Day Thirteen of Blogmas ❤

Amy x 

2 comments:

  1. You looked so so lovely!! Hope you had a fab time xxx
    I had my works Christmas do at the start of the week, and now it's family events coming up! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you look adorbs!! I love your earrings so much. I love how you matched them with your shoe colour. Also the dress is stunning! Super classy x

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system