Monday 17 December 2018

Blogmas Day 17: Christmas Characters Tag

Hey Guys!

Welcome To Day Seventeen of Blogmas

If you hadn't guessed already I love tags! Whether it’s Winter Tags, Christmas Tags or anything fun and festive themed I want to do it! Which is why I'm so excited to be doing the Christmas Characters Tag for Blogmas. I was tagged by the wonderful Hannah from Hannah's Bookshelf who is doing some great Blogmas posts, so go and check out her blog here. Hannah is lovely, she is the blogger to go to if you are looking for a great book review or some fun festive tags ❄

The Christmas Tree at my student house in Newcastle 🎄

Rules


Answer all prompts.
Answer honestly.
Tag 1-12 people.
Link back to this post.
Remember to credit the creator. (Anthony @ Keep Reading Forward)
Have fun!
Santa Claus
A Gift You Received or Want This Year
I haven't opened any Christmas presents as it's only the seventeenth but while I was back in Newcastle my friends and I did secret Santa before we left. Jennifer ended up with me and she gave me the perfect gift. She got me eye masks which I love and a Disney 2019 Calendar where the scenes from each Disney movie come to life with quotes and trivia from the films! She knows me so well and how much I love Disney - it is honestly the cutest thing I've ever received ❤
Mrs. Claus
A Favorite Holiday Treat to Have Every Year
A box of Celebrations! I think most people have Celebrations at Christmas - they are the chocolate of choice for movie marathons. I love it when the box of Celebrations get brought out! I used to be sneaky when I was younger and start eating them before I was allowed thinking my parents hadn't noticed, even though I'd taken the plastic seal off haha!
Ghost of Christmas Past
A Holiday Memory from Your Past
I feel like everyone has so many Christmas memories from their childhood as Christmas was the most magical time - especially for my family! I've talked about so many Christmas memories already with the Christmas tags done previously, but one I haven't mentioned is the time I completely lost my voice on Boxing Day. We had gone to meet all of my extended family at our local pub to exchange presents (this was the first year we didn't go to my grandparent's house) and as soon as we got there I lost my voice and could barely speak. My entire family was there for us all to have fun and spend time together and I couldn't speak one word! What a great way to spend Christmas time with my family ay! In the end, my cousins and I just ended up playing with this toy crane the adults had received for secret Santa and tried to win as much as I could haha! 
Buddy the Elf
“The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.”
A Holiday Song You like to Sing Each Holiday Season

A Christmas song that I'm constantly singing is Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande. It isn't the top song on my festive playlist, but it is the one I always sing along to whenever it comes on ❤
Misfit Toys
An Unpopular Toy You Really Wanted to Get One Year

I can't even remember the time I wanted an unpopular toy for Christmas as it was so long ago, but I do remember going through the Argos catalogue circling all the gifts I wanted and one year I decided I wanted a keyboard even though I had no idea how to play. Luckily my parents didn't get it for me because it would have definitely been a fade like when I tried to learn the guitar and even got bought one, which never got used!
Grinch
A Moment When Your Heart Grew Three Sizes

I have a huge love for Christmas! My heart grew so much when I got older and started to realise how much effort my family would put into making Christmas the most magical time of year! When I think back at the fake snow in our living room, all the reindeer carrots and feed we'd put outside, my personalised Christmas stocking and the huge sacks we would receive from my grandma on Boxing Day, it makes me so so grateful for the incredible family I have and how special they are! It makes my heart feel so warm and whole ❤
Jack Frost
A Tradition You Like to Do Every Winter
Every Winter we get out the Phil Spector A Christmas Gift For You out from the CD rack and put it in the car to sing along to Frosty the Snowman and we then play it on Christmas day while we are drinking bucks fizz and opening presents ❄
Hero Boy
A Moment You Believed in a Holiday Wish/Miracle
When I was younger before going to bed my dad and I would put out carrots on our front lawn for the reindeers, a sign saying "Please Stop Here Santa" and would then leave a mince pie and sherry next to the Christmas tree. The next day I would come down and there would be a blanket of snow all over our living room carpet with a trail going from the chimney to the tree with boot marks imprinted in the snow. This made Christmas so magical for me as I believed that Santa could come down the chimney and placed all the presents under the tree. My parents put so much effort into my Christmas (they still do now - even though the truth has all been revealed) and they made it so that I would believe in the miracle of Father Christmas ❤
Cindy Lou Who
A Favorite Holiday Tradition
In my family, we all have cute and funny Christmas jumpers (some even had bells!) so we all wear our Christmas jumpers and silly Christmas hats, then we all meet up in the pub for drinks! We did it yesterday evening and it's always so much fun!
Frosty the Snowman
A Memory Involving Snow or A Memory You Would Like to Have Involving Snow
I have quite a few memories of snow, especially snow days when I was in secondary school. One I always remember is going round to my friend's house after being sent home from school for a snow day. We got all dressed up in multiple layers of leggings, trousers, jumper on jumper, huge coats and our wellies. We then went to a huge field behind her house and spent all afternoon sledging with the other kids who lived on her street and it was so much fun (until it got way too cold and I couldn't feel my feet anymore!) 
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
A Holiday Activity You Like Doing
Settling down in front of the TV, with Christmas pyjamas on, candles lit, a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows, cuddling with the dog and watching Christmas movies or TV specials! This week leading up to Christmas I plan on spending most of my evenings doing just this ❤
Ebenezer Scrooge
“Bah, Humbug!”
A Favorite Holiday Saying or Quote

"Christmas is the season of joy, gift-giving, and of families united" - Norman Vincent Peale

I Tag


Sally from littlebudget.co.uk
Ruth from ruthinrevolt.com

See you tomorrow for Blogmas Day Eighteen ❤

Amy x  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system