Saturday 15 December 2018

Blogmas Day 14: The Winter Tag Part One

Hey Guys!

⭐Welcome to Day Fourteen of Blogmas ⭐

I've been tagged in two Winter Tags by the wonderful Hannah and Abby however, they are different Winter Tags and therefore have different rules and questions so I'm going to separate them and do part one on Blogmas Day 14 and part two on Blogmas Day 15 ❤

For part one of The Winter Tag I was tagged by Hannah from Hannah's Bookshelf who is a lovely book blogger so go and check out her blog here

I love tags! Already I've done The Ultimate Christmas Tag for Blogmas so I'm excited to be doing another one so soon!

The Rules

Share 12 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 12 questions.
List 12 bloggers you want to do the tag. They can be anyone you want.
Let the bloggers know you nominated them.

My 12 Random Facts



I'm 20 years old

I'm a third-year student at Newcastle University

I study Media, Communication and Cultural Studies

I recently found out I'm lactose intolerant

I've never broken a bone

I have no siblings

I absolutely love Summer and the heat but Winter makes everything seem so cosy and cute which I love - so I enjoy both seasons!

I have a jackadoodle called Billy, who is 7 years old (he is the one in the photo)

I write for three publications; The Courier, The Tab and Voice Magazine

Friends, Harry Potter and Disney are my favourites (especially when it comes to merchandise!)

I've been going to Lanzarote every year since I was around 1 year old and for the past three years we've even been going for Christmas

When I was younger I had a huge hoarding problem for notebooks and journals


The Questions and My Answers



1. What are your favourite things about Winter?

My favourite things about Winter is the snow, especially when you are inside all cosy watching TV and you can see the snow settling outside. I also love all the Christmas menus that come out in Winter - you can go get a festive bake at Greggs, Christmas Market food and mince pies! 

2. What is your favourite Winter outfit?

My favourite Winter outfit is a really cosy oversized jumper with a woolly scarf, bobble hat and a pair of jeans. Any outfit with a warm jumper is my go-to in Winter and when it gets closer to Christmas I love wearing Christmas t-shirts. Especially my personalised family Christmas t-shirt!

3. What is your favourite Winter food?

Winter food has to be warming! With the freezing cold temperatures outside warm soups and stews are my favourite! And you can't forget all the party food in the supermarkets - from Spring Rolls to Satay Chicken and mini pre-made Canapes. Party food is the highlight to the Winter festive season ❤

4. Favourite Winter drink?

There are so many Winter drinks, especially at Starbucks with their Salted Caramel Brownie Hot Chocolate and Costa's Terry Chocolate Orange Hot Chocolate! But my favourite Winter drinks are warm and comforting drinks like mulled wine and hot chocolate with marshmallows and biscuits to dunk it ❣

5. What is your dream way to spend a Winter’s day?

My dream day would be to have a long lie in, then get ready and have a long walk with the dog on a trail. Then get home to have hot chocolate with marshmallows, watching Christmas movies, with cosy socks on and lit scented candles ❄

6. How do you like to do your make-up in the Winter?

I don't really change my make up in the Winter as I tend to stick to the same type of products. I think the only thing I tend to change is the switch to a  richer moisturiser as my skin gets a lot drier with the colder days!

7. What are you hoping Santa brings you?

I love pyjamas for Christmas presents so I hope for either pyjamas or books as I've got back into reading this year and have so many books TBR and there are a few books on my must-buy list so fingers crossed!

8. What are the first three things that remind you of Winter?

When I think of Winter and December the three things that remind me of this season are the dark nights, woolly hats and the severe weather warnings. I go to university in Newcastle University so we get weather warnings in Winter quite a lot ❄

9. What is your favourite Winter song?

I have two, Last Christmas by Wham! and All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey! They are always at the top of the festive playlist which you can check out here.

10. What is your favourite Winter memory?

I have quite a few Winter memories, especially around the time I was in secondary school and we had really bad weather. One memory  I cherish is a time when one year in grammar school we had really bad snowfall so we all got sent home to have a snow day. My friend invited me over to her house and we got all togged up in big coats, gloves, hats and scarfs to go sledging on this huge hill behind her house - which was one of the best snow days I've had. Then in the evening, we watched The Holiday while it was snowing outside and that is when I watched The Holiday for the first time and fell in love with the storyline ❤

11. What is your favourite Winter scent?

In our house, we had a bottle of room spray from Primark called Frozen Cinnamon and it was the best scent for Christmas. I don't know how to describe the fragrance but it's the perfect Winter scent, especially as cinnamon paired with anything like spiced apple is the best smell!

12. Finish this sentence… If I could have one wish this Christmas it would be…

To re-live my childhood memories from Christmas when my entire family would go around my grandparent's house on Boxing Day and see each other and swap presents. Also, to sit down with all my cousins on the step and have our photo taken all together and then eat all my grandma's food doing silly competitions on who can eat the most gherkins ❣

I Tag


Ellie from @ellieblakeney
Meg from @a_meg_life
Katy from @KatyMackenzie19

Hannah from @justhannahhere

Soph from @Sophlouisep

Jade from @jade_allesse

Emma from @lifeofemmax

Chanel from @coc0chanel_
Lauren from @LaurenMorton_
Sophie from @NineteenWillows
Lauren from @SuperLaurenLove
Beth from @themakeupbybeth

See you at 5:30pm for my Blogmas Day Fifteen post  ❤

Amy x 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system