Wednesday 1 February 2017

January Favourites | 2017

Hey Guys!

For once I'm actually doing my favourites post on time unlike my December favourites haha :p I've been waiting to do this post for ages as I have so many things to share with you guys! I can't believe how quickly this month has gone by, I always find the first month of a new year the strangest as it always goes so fast and then the next couple of months will drag on for ages!

Lets get started!

The Girl Fragrance | Tommy Hilfiger


I got given 'The Girl' by Tommy Hilfiger from my parents for Christmas back in December and loved it! By parents have always been amazing at picking out the best perfumes :) I can give no hints to what perfumes I like and they will always pick the one I was interested in. I was really surprised to receive this at Christmas as we agreed not to give gifts this year due to going on vacation but it was such a lovely surprise. I like to wear perfume every day but with 'The Girl' I only wear it on special occasions, like when I'm going out or celebrating something as I don't want it to go so quickly. I want to preserve it for as long as possible as it is one of the best perfumes I have received other than 'Alien' by Thierry Mugler.

Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack | Jeju Volcano


My Korean pen-pal always sends me great things that she has found and a while back she sent me three pots each a different face mask from Innisfree and from the collection this one is the best. I find most clay masks are really drying and cause dry skin around my eyebrows and nose, but this brand is amazing! Its more hydrating then drying and it really helps with my impurities a lot. What I've found is that it doesn't take a lot of effort to do this face mask. Most of my face masks take a lot of time to apply and to remove, it takes around 30 minutes of my time at night when I have other things to do like my course readings and seminar preparation and this mask only takes a maximum of 15 minutes, giving me time to do other things on my to-do list. It's really easy to remove with a wet cloth and doesn't make my face red like the other clay masks I use :)

VO5 Heat Protect Spray


I used to be really bad when it came to protecting my hair from heat damage but I've been quite consistent this month especially after having all my hair chopped off. I'm determined not to damage by hair as much as I did last year with dying my hair and everything so this year is the year to look after my hair and keep it in a healthy condition. This heat spray is so good and VO5 is the best brand I've tried so far. I did us VO5 in the past and it was amazing especially when I was straightening my hair then it wasn't in my local drugstore anymore so I had to stop using it and then now it has been re-branded and brought back I'm in love with it again :) It makes my hair smell nicer for longer, even with second day hair and it makes it so shiny and soft! I think the combination of Tresemme shampoo, conditioner and the VO5 heat spray is what is working my hair wonders!

Shape of You | Ed Sheeran 


A lot of people love this song and no surprise really its Ed Sheeran :) but its way better than I thought it would be! There was such high expectation for his new album especially after he took a break for a while and I was worried that Divide wouldn't be as good as his other albums but I was so wrong! Its so good :) I like 'Castle On The Hill' but this one is my favourite, its just upbeat and like me its a very cheery song :)

Chase Me | Dream Catcher


Every time I listen to this song it reminds me of the theme tune for an anime or any drama because of how upbeat and eccentric it is. Its very fast flowing and the choreograph is brilliant, a dance I could never do haha :p Like you guys know I'm really into upbeat and jumpy songs as it gives me motivation to be productive and this song got me through writing two important essays and kept me sane haha! So you could say its my favourite :)

I Don't Wanna Live Forever | Zayn Malik & Taylor Swift


I can't wait for the movie to come out in around a week or so, the trailer looks so good! I watched the first one and it was okay but the story line was a bit lacking where as this one seems to have much more going on and a dramatic story line :) Obviously I've only seen the trailer so far but I'm all for the drama shown haha! The song though by Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift is so good :) For the past couple of weeks its all I've been listening to when I'm doing work and with friends so it is definitely getting me excited for the film. I'm not really keen on Taylor Swift but the song is still just as good!

Oh Na Na | K.A.R.D


This song! I can't get over how much I love this song haha :) it is one of those songs that always gets you up dancing and singing along to! Recently I've had no reason to need uplifting and cheering up because I've been in such a good mood but I can imagine if I was feeling down it would make me feel better :) Music affects my mood the most so if your like me and need cheering up or just a good upbeat tune give this a listen!

The Man In The High Castle | Amazon Prime 


I saw this advertised on telly for so long and it always caught my eye and appealed but seeing as I didn't have Amazon Prime I gave up and accepted that I couldn't watch it. But after I accidentally signed up for their free trial one day while I was buying Christmas presents I went to cancel it I realised that even when I cancelled the payment I still got the trail for 30 days, so I took the opportunity and started to watch season one, I then got an extension because Amazon messed up one of my orders so they gave me an extra 30 days. I finished season one quite quickly and loved it :) Its very different to the other dramas I've seen and without giving away any spoilers you don't expect the ending to be so bizarre. If your into history or dramas based on the Second World War then I'm sure you will enjoy The Man In The High Castle! Its more dramatic and action packed than I thought, there is so much going on in each episode that I could only ever watch two episodes a time other wise my brain would melt haha!

What is your favourite TV show at the moment? Let me know in the comments below :)

See you soon lovelies!

Amy xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system