Saturday 18 February 2017

A Typical Day At University | First Year

Hey Guys!

Sorry again that I didn't upload on Wednesday like usual, I was sick last week as you all know which meant that I had to catch up on all my university work so I've been a bit behind. Now that I'm up to date posts should be back to normal next week. 

Today I thought I would share with you guys my university schedule and what university is like for me on an average day. As most of my schedule is quite dull and boring I'll share what my average day looks like on a Thursday, which is my busiest day :( I'm in uni for on average 4-6 hours on a Thursday and for me that is quiet a lot. Because of my degree course its very independent and I don't spend a lot of contact hours in uni so 6 hours for me is long haha!


Wake Up: At the moment I'm in at 2:00pm on a Thursday afternoon, so I know that I can sleep in and have plenty of time to get up and ready for uni and grab some lunch before I leave. So I tend to wake up and actually get out of bed around 11:00am or 11:30am and the first thing I do is put 'Friends' on my tablet, as I have Sky Go and grab a cup of tea. 


Get Ready: It takes me quite a while to get ready in the morning haha! So I have to give myself enough time to ensure I'm ready to leave the flat on time. When I get ready I have my usual routine. Take a shower, brush teeth, face cleansing routine, breakfast, applying my make up, doing my hair, getting dressed and making sure I have everything I need in my bag. 


Leave The Flat: I leave the flat normally half an hour before I need to be at uni as I need to walk to the Metro Station, wait for the train and then once I'm at Haymarket I need give myself enough time to reach my lecture theatre or seminar room. So, seeing as I need to be in by 2:00pm I leave the flat by half 1 and I'll reach the Metro within 5 minutes giving me plenty of time to get to uni.

Multimedia Technology Workshop: One of my modules for my degree course is Multimedia Technology and for this module we have a project to create four profiles, producing both an audio file, video and photos. So we have workshops that last around 2 hours where we work within our groups and plan what we are going to film. 

Social and Cultural Studies Lecture: This lecture is all the way in the Dentist Building and if you don't attend Newcastle University you won't get the fact that its miles away! It takes about a 10 to 15 minute walk but I have to get there in under 0.5 seconds so I just have to accept the fact that I'm going to walk into the lecture theatre late and face the awkwardness haha :p This lecture lasts around 2 hours so by the time I leave its around 6pm.

Go Home: Normally if I'm feeling motivated I would go to the library for a few hours and try and get some of my readings and seminar work completed but considering I finish around 6pm and I have four hours of lectures without a break I tend to go home haha :) If we had a break in between I probably wouldn't be as tired but its dark and cold and all I want to do is go home and stay there for the evening!

Independent Study: Once I get home about half an hour later I'll probably grab a snack and a cup of tea or something and then go into my room to get on with some work or readings that have been set by my lecturers. Some of the readings take quite a while so I have to make myself comfy and just keep myself motivated! I either do this by giving myself breaks in between chapters and notes and then listening to a good playlist :)


Chill & Dinner: Once I've had enough of my readings and note taking I tend to go into the kitchen to chill with my flat mates and make some dinner. I'm not an expert cook so most of the time I'll just cook some chicken and add a curry or pasta sauce and enjoy some snacks after wards if I'm still hungry. Like yesterday night I enjoyed a few double chocolate chip cookies to myself haha! My flatmates and I tend to watch a bit of television and then catch up while we all eat :)

More Work: Once I've had dinner and chilled with everyone we all tend to depart for the night around 11pm and either go to bed or in my case stay up and do more work to keep myself up to date. Most of the time I get too tired and bored so I sit and watch YouTube for an hour or so but I keep myself busy for an hour before going to bed.

Bed: After conducting the tedious task of removing all my make up and actually getting into bed I will either read for an hour or I'll watch an episode of the Korean drama I'm currently watching before settling down to sleep.


What is your typical day at university like?

See you tomorrow lovelies!

Amy xxx 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for checking out my blog and for commenting! :) of course! I'll add it to my blog reading list as well so I'm updated xx

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system