Tuesday 1 July 2014

Maybelline New York Cover Stick Concealer First Impression


I used the Maybelline New York Cover Stick Concealer for the first time yesterday since purchasing it and thought I would do a first impression post instead of a review. I've been looking for a good concealer for ages and I'm still looking. So far this product hasn't impressed me. 

When I first put the concealer on my blemishes and under my eyes and around my nose it had a very thick heavy texture and when blending it out with my Real Techniques detail brush and Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge it took a while to blend out and I had to put a lot of pressure on the brush and sponge so that there weren't any lines. I noticed as well that around my eyes it didn't help hide my dark circles but created a dry clumpy look. Additionally, it made some of my blemishes dry and made them stand out.

However, even though it has a weird thick texture and appeared dry, when I applied the Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer over the top it helped even it out and helped it appear less clumpy and dry. I think I will continue to keep using it until its finished but I will have to continue to use the Highlighting Concealer over the top to reduce the dryness and cakey effect.


Disclaimer: These views are all my own opinion and is not sponsored or affiliated with any brands or products mentioned.
 
See you soon lovelies!
Amy x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system