Sunday 11 December 2016

Exploring Newcastle | Quayside and River Tyne

Hey Guys!

Yesterday I went down to the Quayside with a few of my friends for brunch, we walked by the River Tyne and visited the Baltic Art Gallery. I've provided links to the places we visited so that you can check them out for yourselves.


We went for brunch at the Quay Ingredient, which is a cute little cafe located around the corner from the Tyne Bridge. Its a cute little dinky cafe so its not got a lot of tables so it wasn't overcrowded. I ordered the breakfast burrito which has bacon, sausage, egg, hash brown and beans inside, it was different and not something I've tried before but it was amazing! My friend ordered the full English breakfast which was huge and definitely worth £6.95! Those who worked at the cafe were lovely and I would visit again. Their breakfast menu was huge and I'd recommend going on a Saturday as the breakfast menu is on all day! They even had a cute Christmas tree and decorations :)


After finishing brunch we paid our bill and headed towards the river to walk around and see what is near the Quayside. There is a lot more than I thought and a lot of bars and restaurants which look cute! We walked over the Millennium Bridge and decided to visit the BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art to see what was going on.


The BALTIC is free entry and is quiet popular here in Newcastle so while we had spare time we thought we would go see how good it is and make the most of being around the Quayside. There are six floors to the BALTIC and the views from the top are incredible, there is a specific viewing box where you can see all of the Quayside and Gateshead. If your scared of heights I wouldn't recommend it! The art gallery itself was very good but there was less art there than I thought there would be. 


There are many floors with different artists and concepts of Art so overall it was worth the visit. I thought there would be a few more pieces to see but considering you don't have to pay to see any of it I can't complain. 

There wasn't much else we wanted to do so we watched the Millennium Bridge be raised so that a boat could go through which was more exciting than it sounds haha! If your near the Quayside I recommend watching it turn because its a lot more interesting than I'm making it out to be :p there are specific times of day when the bridge is moved to let boats pass through. 

We headed back to Grey's Monument and I went off to do some Christmas shopping :) It was a really great day and I was a lot more productive than I thought I was going to be which is always a bonus! haha

If your visiting Newcastle or you even live here and you haven't been yet I highly recommend a visit! 

I just can't wait to see it at night when all the bridges are lit up!

See you soon lovelies!

Amy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system