Wednesday 12 July 2017

Summer Reading List | 2017

Hey Guys!

As I'm currently on holiday in Lanzarote I brought a couple of books with me to read by the pool or while I'm relaxing. I've got back into reading a lot recently now that I've got a lot of spare time, so I thought I'd share with you guys a few of my summer reads. I'll be sharing the few books I've brought with me on holiday and the books I want to have read by the end of summer. Let's Go  


Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

When I went away with my parents to Cornwall back in Easter we went to a museum and pub called the Jamaica Inn and its about Daphne du Maurier's work and all the publications she has released, particularly the novel 'Jamaica Inn'. While we were in the gift shop I was looking at all the novels she had published and my mum recommended reading Rebecca and Jamaica Inn, so we purchased both of them and out of the two I'm really interested in the story-line for Rebecca so its the one I plan on reading here on my holiday in Lanzarote! I've finished Henry VIII's Wives so I'm moving onto this book next! 


Assassins Creed: Renaissance by Oliver Bowden

I recently watched the new Assassins Creed movie and my dad has always recommended reading the book as well as he loved the book and story-line, so finally I'm going to get round to actually reading it. I have watched my cousins play the game versions of Assassins Creed and now that I've seen the movie I have some idea to what the background story is, the general gist of the book and I think I'll enjoy the read! Anything with a lot of action and suspense I love, like Girl on the Train! So, I'm hopeful that it will have enough action in it comparing it to the game and movie haha :) 


Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling

I've already read the first three in the past year, therefore I thought I might as well continue making my way through the books, as I'm determined to finish all of them. Book four is obviously much bigger than the first three so this time it will take me a lot longer as I am quite a slow reader but I'll get through it. What I love is that I've already seen all the films (I'm obsessed with the films) so its great reading the story through the book and getting a different medium to imagine the story  I have a wild imagination so these books are my favourite as they are so innovative and original that nobody will ever be able to beat them!


Inferno by Dan Brown

I love the movie Inferno starring Tom Hanks and all Dan Brown's films have always been great, so I've decided to read the books as well! I've seen The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons and now Inferno, so you could say I'm a fan and considering I love the movies I thought why not start reading the books :) I bought the book for my dad a few years ago and he hasn't touched it yet as he has been reading other genres, so I'm going to take it for now and sink into the world of Dan Brown and if I enjoy this read I'll move onto his two most famous books The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons! I'm not planning on reading them in order though haha :p


I won't be able to read them all while here in Lanzarote but I have the rest of summer, hence I have plenty of time! What books are you reading at the moment?

See you on Sunday my lovelies!  

Amy xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system