Sunday 25 June 2017

Rituals...Happy Buddha|Sweet Orange & Cedar Wood|First Impressions


 Hey Guys!

Around two weeks ago my friend left to go back to Holland for summer now that our first year of uni is over and she gave me this shower gel to try out as she couldn't take it back with her. When she gave it to me she claimed how good of a product it was and that the amount of product in the bottle will go a long way, more than a usual shower gel and that it would smell amazing! Well today I tried it out for the first time and first impressions are good  

The first thing I noticed was the smell, damn! Normally, I don't like orange scented body care but it wasn't overpowering and obvious, it was subtle and I like it, and unlike some body washes the scent actually remained on my skin when I was out of the shower and getting dressed. When the product came out of the pump it was a clear translucent type gel but then within seconds it started to expand in my hand, becoming foam. It didn't expand so quickly that it was wasted by falling off my hand but it gave me time to start lathering the product over my body. With just two or three pumps I didn't have to use anymore as that was the perfect amount, I love products that lather up loads so this was perfect! 

Another factor I noticed is that it didn't dry my skin out, most body washes I have used start to dry my skin out and so areas around my legs and shoulders start to get really dry and flaky. Whereas, I noticed with Rituals my skin has still retained the moisture and leaves a nice smooth feeling. It wouldn't be a good exfoliate or scrub as it has no beads or exfoliating properties, but its great for a long lasting smell and the quality of the gel. Considering its £8.50 on their website I would hope the product lasted a long time, was high quality and didn't feel cheap on my skin so I would say the price definitely reflects the quality. I enjoyed using this product and will be adding it to my favourite shower products! 


If the product had a stronger orange scent and ran out quickly I probably would not be impressed and wouldn't bother with it again but I'm pleasantly surprised!

I'm not sure I'll be splashing out the £8.50 myself when the product eventually runs out, but its nice to use for a treat at the moment. Thank you Jenn!  



What products have you been using recently and what are your favourites? Let me know in the comments below :)

See you on Wednesday my lovelies! 

Amy xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system