Tuesday 20 November 2018

Favourite Podcast of The Month: David's Out For A Good Time

Hey Guys!

I've been listening to some great podcasts this week, but I'll have to share them in my next Monthly Favourite Podcasts post next month as in this post I'm focusing on one podcast in particular which I've been enjoying a lot these past few weeks! ❤

David's Out For A Good Time



David's Out For A Good Time is a newish podcast which came about in September (unfortunately I didn't discover it until October so I had a few episodes to catch up on!) and has since released an episode every week with a variety of celebrity guests discussing topics from new and old music, to mental health and cameo appearances in movies. There is such a variety of guests and topics to discuss it doesn't disappoint! 

David Olshanetsky and Naledi Dube are great hosts, as they discuss current pop culture topics, Twitter discussions and men. You can't help but relate and laugh.  They also give advice on LGBTQ+ issues such as relationship struggles, dating someone who isn't out yet or general advice sharing their own experiences.  

A great segment they have on the podcast is 'Coming Out Stories' where listeners of the show can send in their stories about how they came out as gay, bisexual, pansexual or didn't need to in some cases. It is a great segment where other listeners can either relate to or hear other people's coming stories. Every week someone new talks about how they came out and the experience behind it. 


Favourite Episodes


My favourite episodes have been Courtney Act, MNEK, Professor Green and William. I watched Courtney Act on Ru Paul's Drag Race and The Bi Life and as someone who is quite well known amongst the LGBTQ+ community it was a great episode listening about her new plans, moving to London and having moved to Los Angeles a few years ago from Australia. I learnt a lot more about her, that I didn't know before. 

 Professor Green's episode was such an interesting one where he discusses his new music with Rag'n'Bone Man and the documentaries he has been doing. He was a great celebrity guest to listen to, especially as I feel a lot of people can relate to him especially having dealt with mental health and depression. 

MNEK I'm a big fan of, especially loving his collaboration with Hailee Steinfeld, and William I know from season four of Drag Race which I haven't watched properly (I skipped to season 6). William speaks a lot about Ru Paul, tension and the drama surrounding him and other Drag Race stars, which was entertaining to listen to as I'm a huge fan of Ru Paul's Drag Race and love to hear some tea! 

This podcast is my favourite to listen to when I'm in the shower and when I'm getting ready for university in the mornings, I'm always laughing in the shower and doing my makeup listening to David and Naledi ❤


I recently got the opportunity to speak to David about his podcast and about how the idea for David's Out For A Good Time all came about. So, below are the questions I got the chance to ask and David was kind enough to answer: 

How did ‘David’s Out For A Good Time’ all begin? 

I created a pitch presentation and took it to Spotify. I was very lucky they enjoyed it and after shooting a pilot in July we retooled it. That shows how long it took for it to come out.

You have some great celebrity guests on your podcast such as Country Act, MNEK, Professor Green, do you get to choose who comes on to the podcast?

We’ve had guests who I’m friends with, guests who’s management we’ve asked and guests who have asked themselves to be on. It’s probably the most stressful element of the show because until they’re sat in that studio anything can happen.

 If you could have any one feature on the podcast who would you choose? And what questions would you be dying to ask? 

I’ve mentioned Halsey loads and we’ve tried (and are still trying) so hard to get her on! I’d love to just discuss her upbringing, her music, creativity and more.

I personally listen to your Spotify playlist ‘David’s Bops and Bangers’ a lot, what is your ultimate number one song to listen to at the moment? 

I’m loving Hurts Like Hell by Madison Beer.

 In episode two of your podcast series you discuss social media, specifically Instagram. Do you think that social media is a positive or negative influence on Generation Z?

 I think because the majority of Generation Z either came of age or had it already as a part of our lives in a major way by that time, it’s difficult to decide because it’s all we’ve ever known. However, with that in mind, I’m certain it hasn’t made life harder for myself and I imagine many would say the same.

There is a section on the podcast where listeners tell their coming out stories, for those individuals who want to come out but need some courage and advice what would you say to them?

 I think that before you can say it to anyone else you need to be able to say it to yourself and to make sure that you give everyone time to adapt - because it took you time to accept yourself and they deserve the same amount of time.

Lastly, what are the top three podcasts that you listen to currently? 

Race Chaser with Willam and Alaska, Views with David Dobrik and Throwing Shade.



Overall David's Out For A Good Time is a great podcast to listen to while you are getting ready, in the shower, on your way to work/university or while you are getting work done!

David's Out For A Good Time is a Spotify Original podcast so you can find it in either the podcast genre section or just click here

Make sure to follow David on Instagram and Twitter. Naledi's Instagram is @SleepingWithNaledi ❣

What are your favourite podcasts at the moment? Let me know in the comments below ❤

See you soon!

Amy xx

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting. maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject.
    Podcast

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this.Abnehmen Podcast

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system