Wednesday 15 August 2018

What I'm Currently Reading | August 2018

Hey Guys!

After going to Shakespeare and Company in Paris my love for books and reading has been reignited so I've given myself the challenge to read a lot more books this year, so far I've completed three books! 


I'm currently reading two books at a time but luckily they are very different genres and one is pure fantasy/fiction and the other is fact. 

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling


Over the last two years, I've slowly made my way through the Harry Potter books and finally, I've got round to the fourth book! I have loved the Harry Potter films since they came out when I was younger but I never read the books until I went to university and set myself the goal to read all the Harry Potter books and Harry Potter and The Cursed Child.

I loved the first three books as it was just like re-living the films all over again but with more details that they missed out. The fourth book is considerably bigger compared to the other three so it is taking me a bit longer to get through but when you love the Harry Potter collection it is so easy to read and these books are the only books I've been able to read at a considerable speed.


One thing I've realised from the fourth book is that there are a few facts and events that the film didn't mention or show but I can see why they made the decision to miss them out as they are just small details and don't affect the main storyline (but they are fun to read in the books). Also, a lot of people didn't like the fourth film compared to the others but for me, I really enjoyed the Triwizard Tournament and meeting the other wizarding schools so I'm really enjoying reading this book in my spare time ❤

If you haven't read the Harry Potter books I highly recommend it, especially if you've watched all the films!

The Secret Life of Bletchley Park by Sinclair McKay


Back in Easter my parents and I went to Bletchley Park in Milton Keynes as it is now a heritage attraction and you can go and see where the codebreakers from the Second World War decrypted German codes. So, after visiting the heritage site and having a great time I wanted to learn a little bit more about the Government Code and Cypher School and what happened throughout the war (I'm very interested in the events of the first and second world war) so in the gift shop my mum brought me The Secret Life of Bletchley Park as she said we would read it after me (we are big fans of history and history books).


I'm about halfway through the book now and it is so good! I've learnt so much about the lives of those who worked at Bletchley Park and how hard it was to be a codebreaker decyphering messages and sometimes working three days straight without sleep to break a particular message and save the lives of thousands of people. 

It is an incredible book and if you are someone like me who is interested in the events of the second world war and you want to find out what was going on in the background this is a great book to read ❤


What books are you currently reading? Let me know in the comments below ❤

See you soon!

Amy xx

2 comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system