Wednesday 4 October 2017

YSL New All Hours Foundation Review

Hey Guys!

I recently received a sample of YSL's New All Hour Foundation. I get sent a lot of samples in the post due to being signed up to Latest Free Stuff, who give out samples, voucher codes and free goodies, which I love because I get sent some really cool stuff! 

It was nice to receive something I know I would use this time! I love trying out new foundations and face products as my face is very hit and miss a lot of the time. I want to try and find all of the best products for my skin so trial and error is the best method haha!


On the packaging it claims: Up to 24 long-wear, flawless matte, full coverage, all hours foundation so I wanted to see if it really delivered on what it claimed. 

Application

When I opened the mini sample bottle I was surprised to see that it came with an applicator attached to the lid so you could apply it straight to your face directly. I thought this was a great touch to a sample! The application was really easy, I used the applicator to dot the foundation around my face and then used a beauty blender to move and blend all of the product. It was so easy to move and blend around the contours of my face and it doesn't dry really quickly like a lot of products do so I could work with it slowly and keep buffing it. It just blends so nicely around my face and even my problem areas like my nose and above my lip where I have some dry skin it didn't clump or break up, it applied so smoothly and creamy. One thing I did notice as well is that a lot of product went a long way to cover all areas of my face!

Coverage

I'd say the coverage is about medium coverage and is easily build-able. I normally start with a small amount and then build it up depending on how inflamed by problem areas are and if I have any blemishes. The first few times I tried it I applied about two layers and that was the perfect coverage for me as  I have a few spots and scars on my chin and jar line at the moment and they were hidden really well even without using any concealer! I'd say if you wanted to go for a natural make up look you would only need one layer, with a small amount and you'd get a really good natural coverage and if you have break outs or inflamed skin just put a slight amount on those areas and it covers them great! I'm used to a light to medium cover foundation so it was nice being able to see flawless skin and a naturally toned face with no patches visible anywhere.

Finish

After I finish blending I apply concealer to my under eyes, chin and the contours around my nose where I get redness, then I set my under eyes with powder and apply loose powder to the rest of my face so I get a matte finish. Because I get a very oily face throughout the day I like to have a matte finish, if I leave it looking dewy chance is I'll look like I'm dripping in sweat two or three hours later haha! Once I've finished all of my make up and applied everything, such as contour, blush and highlight the finished look does look good! It doesn't look much different from when I use my regular Bourjoir foundation, the only difference I would say is that this foundation looks slightly darker than my regular foundation, it appears to have more orange undertones. So, I'd say the finished look doesn't look much different from a drug store foundation product, but I wanted to try it to see how it looked 6 hours later after an excessive amount of oil, as my regular foundation does break up a lot throughout the day around my cheeks and nose. 

6-8 Hours Later

I have oily prone skin so obviously a few hours later I was going to get some oily patches around my nose, forehead and cheeks but I was expecting that as it happens no matter what products I use or how often I touch up my make up. But other than the oily residue expected there was no sign of it going cakey or going really patchy like some foundations. In fact even though my face had become oily and dewy and its a matte finish foundation it still looked really good after going out to uni and spending my time in hot lecture halls and seminar rooms. Also, I tried using this foundation when I went out clubbing throughout most of September and it is so good for that particular occasion. When clubbing it obviously gets really hot and sweaty, there is a lot of dancing and when I drink I do tend to get a lot more red and oily, so this foundation proved to be great coverage as it stayed on the whole time I was out! I even had drinks spilt on me, was moved around and it still looked great when I got home :) 

Overall Thoughts

Overall I wouldn't say its a 24 hour long wear foundation, throughout the day our face goes through a lot which causes our foundation to get either really dry and break away or gets really oily and wears away. I think it depends on each individuals type of skin but for me this would not last 24 hours! By hour 12 it will have started to wear away around my cheeks, nose, forehead and chin thanks to the excessive oil production on my face! It does say flawless which I would agree with, when it is applied and the finished look is complete it looks really well blended and flawless so that is a claim I would agree with as it has great build-able coverage! It is also very matte once setting and loose powder is applied, I would agree with that claim, however after about 3 or 4 hours it isn't matte anymore and becomes more dewy around my nose and forehead, so I would say the matte finish doesn't last very long if you have oily skin like me. But for someone with normal skin it might be perfect! I think overall it is a great product, it does have great coverage, it does deliver a matte finish and it does blend perfectly to a flawless finish! It is one of the high-end foundations that would be worth the money! 

What is your favourite high-end foundation?

See you on Sunday lovelies! ❤ 
Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system