Friday 5 August 2016

Healthy Snacks In Your Beauty Routine

Hey Guys!

Recently I have noticed a change in the appearance of my skin and its all due to what I've been eating and what healthy snacks I have introduced to my diet. 

It isn't just about looking good on the outside, but also on the inside. Eating nutrient-rich foods can help you look and feel your best :)

So today I'm going to share with you guys 5 healthy snacks that you can add to your beauty routine to achieve that summer glow!

When it  comes to healthy skin you have to consider what your putting in your body before thinking about what to put on your face. For ages if my skin looked dull or dry I would just put on some moisturiser and then put loads of make up on top to make up for the lack of brightness and life in my skin. But recently I've started to consider what type of food I'm eating and how it affects my skin. So by putting this into consideration I started to explore different ways I could eat healthier and bring my skin back to life. For a while I stopped wearing make up and concentrated on getting my skin back to how it should be and ensuring my canvas is healthy. For a while I thought make up would be able to solve my skins problems and I could just cover it up and everything would be okay but then I found that I wasn't feeling healthy and so it clicked that I should be looking after my body and need to think about my diet and what I'm eating, so I started to eat healthier. I started to eat healthy snacks in between meals when I was feeling I needed some food and after a while of changing my diet and eating different foods that are healthier I started to see a difference my skin and other areas. My skin was becoming brighter and I stopped breaking out so much, I had more energy, I was sleeping better and I felt more motivated because I felt so much better. And this was all due to the nutritious food I was introducing to my diet.

One of the first things I changed in my diet is that I stopped drinking fizzy drinks and concentrated juices when I woke up and before I went to bed and replaced them with water, lemon water and green tea. Now every morning when I get up the first thing I do is have a cup of green tea and breakfast and then I get on with the errands and tasks I have set for the day. 

Before I never really used to like drinking water because I thought it was just tasteless and boring but after persuading myself that this would help my skin and it was worth it I forgot about how boring and tasteless it is and now I drink it every day as part of my routine and diet. You won't believe how good you will feel after a diet change and swapping bad foods for nutrient-rich foods until you actually take the step and make the change. 

Its like in art they have to have a clean canvas without any blemishes for the paint to go on smoothly and look flawless, therefore its the same with your face. Your face is a canvas and like any artist you have to ensure the base is as healthy and in the best condition before you can create. 

When you think of a snack you think of something quick and easy that can just fill an empty space like a chocolate bar, or a packet of crisps but instead of thinking of something that can be something quick and easy, think of different types of snacks that you could try that are healthy and then afterwards you won't feel guilty for snacking on something bad instead you will great! 

So here are my 5 healthy snacks for you guys to try so that you can achieve that summer glow!

Walnuts 



When I was younger I never really used to like eating walnuts because I thought they tasted bitter and they weren't very sweet but now I'm eating them all the time! On a Sunday afternoon I always get a cheeseboard down at the local pub and share it with all my family and for ages I used to give my mum the cup of walnuts that came with it but recently I've started eating them myself and I've noticed that my skin appears more moisturised and my complexion is brighter. I'm still not keen on the taste but now I've seen a change in my skin I can deal with the dull taste. Not all healthy snacks taste great but knowing the good they are doing its worth it! 

Walnuts are a great addition to your diet as they are a great super-food! If you just have a quarter cup of walnuts you will get 100% of your daily recommended value of omega 3 fats and within walnuts there are high amounts of copper, manganese, biotin and molybdenum and are full of antioxidants! There are many benefits to eating walnuts including helping with weight control, brain health, heart health, helping with diabetes but most of all they are great for your skin! They will control and bring back the moisture to your skin and will brighten your complexion giving you that summer glow! 

Almonds


We always have some almonds in the cupboard at home to snack on. Sometimes if I'm bored of eating almonds on their own I blend them so they are grounded and I make almond cookies so that I'm still having the healthy nuts in my diet but its a little different and gives me something to do while eating a great snack! If you would like to see my almond cookies recipe let me know in the comments. In almonds there are two fatty acids that are essential which will help with the beauty of your skin. Other than antioxidants they also have plant chemicals and Vitamin E which will help with the protection of your skin and can repair skin damaged by the sun. Furthermore, because almonds have calcium within in helps with absorbing nutrients so when you try other snacks they will be easily absorbed due to also eating almonds. Almonds are even used in beauty products and is a great oil so its the perfect snack for your beauty routine. Great for skin both out and within. I recommend trying Almond milk as well as that is a great way to be getting the same nutrients and properties from the best nut for skin care.

Blueberries


Blueberries are rich in fibre, Vitamins A & C and antioxidants which is great for the skin! No matter which way you eat blueberries whether you eat them on their own raw, or in a smoothie or in a dessert all the nutrients found within the berries will be absorbed and will be great for your skin. I used to suffer really badly with acne in secondary school and for ages I thought it was because of my age but it was actually because of my diet. My diet wasn't very good and I was eating all the wrong foods but when my mum started to buy blueberries I started to eat them when I was feeling hungry at home or after dinner and for ages I didn't see a change and still suffered but then after a while and a bit of perseverance I started to notice a change. My skin still isn't perfect today but my acne has cleared up and I don't suffer the same type of acne break outs I used to. Due to the nutrients and vitamins in blueberries it can help with broken skin and repair the capillaries and heal skin. Blueberries can also balance and control the oil levels in your skin and can neutralise it making your face less oily and reducing spots and blemishes from appearing. 

Chia Seeds


I never thought about trying chia seeds before but when I brought them and actually gave them a try they weren't so bad. They aren't the most appealing looking snack and looks like something you could give your rabbit or parrot but they are actually the best snack to eat for your skin. Due to the nutrients within chia seeds it can help prevent and heal acne which is great for someone like me! My acne has all cleared up now but I still suffer my acne scars on my face, therefore chia seeds should be able to help repair the broken skin and help smooth out my skin. Other than healthy skin and making your skin glow chia seeds are also known for making your hair and nails healthier. Like blueberries chia seeds are rich in fibre, vitamins, protein, minerals and omega 3 fats. Due to the high amount of antioxidants in the chia seeds they are great for repairing skin, and can prevent different problems including aging skin, wrinkles and will reduce damage to the skin. 

Matcha Green Tea 


I love green tea as my morning drink, but I also love matcha green tea. Matcha green tea apparently has 10 times more nutritional value than normal green tea! I don't have matcha green tea very often as I prefer my other favourite snacks but this is still a great snack with a lot of antioxidants and is even an anti-inflammatory so its perfect for the skin. I've even tried face mask recipes with matcha green tea in it as it doesn't just help internally but its great for your skin externally, especially for the red patches. Other than lots of antioxidants matcha green tea also has a big concentrate of chlorophyll which can detoxify the blood and by cleaning the blood and purifying it it means your body's PH levels are better and therefore more oxygen gets around your body and more nutrients get around the body which is great for your skin as more cells can heal and so your skin can repair itself and look healthier. 


And that is how you should achieve your summer glow! Instead of changing make up products to fix the skin problems your facing try changing your diet and giving these 5 healthy snacks a try! I hope this post helped you guys this summer :) 

This post was inspired by Nuts.com, so if you want to find out more on different healthy snacks go and check out there website. Other snacks you could try include goji berries and cacao nibs. To find out more information on these different snacks click on the links :) 

See you soon lovelies!

Amy xx 

3 comments:

  1. Hiya,
    Love the post! I'll have to try more of these foods, I'm especially keen to try chia seeds! I was wondering if you would like me to copy and paste this blog (like a guest post) and post it on my blog. I'll make it really clear that you wrote it; it should be like advertising for your blog! Just out of interest, as I haven't heard of your blog before, roughly how many views do you have in all time, and how long have you been blogging for? Get in touch by commenting below on my blog (littlemissbloggerxxx.blogspot.com)!
    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these nuts! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow my blog there, I'll follow your blog back!!! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure that sounds great! I'll follow you on Bloglovin :)

      Delete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system