Tuesday 21 July 2015

I Dip-Dyed My Hair Blue

Hey guys!

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to dip-dye my hair blue, to be a little adventurous and to brighten up my hair. Therefore, on Sunday, with the help of my best friend and her mum we went through the process of dying the ends of my hair peacock blue. I plaited my hair up to the point I wanted to dye so that when we applied it to my hair it was straight and I didn't have strands of hair with more dye on and have parts of my hair with different lengths of blue. This really helped, as when we applied it with a tinting brush we only went up to where the elastic was which resulted in the dye being in a straight line. 

Due to my hair being brown the blue developed into a teal colour however, if I had blonde hair it would have been a richer blue. I'm happy with the results and once it fades I'll probably dye it again to maintain the colour, or I could go for a different colour like purple. The weird part is that due to the hair dye being semi-permanent it fades out after 10 washes, so every time I go in the shower it looks like I've murdered a blue smurf as the water turns blue haha. 

The end result!
I brought the dye from a small little hair shop in Derby where a friend recommended the Crazy Colour brand. The dye is very cheap and I believe I bought it for £2.49 which is very good. Considering it was so cheap, I'm really impressed with the results and how well it worked with my hair colour. If any of you are looking for a hair dye that is fun, that won't last too long and will wash out after a while I would recommend Crazy Colour. I would also recommend that you use gloves throughout the dying process as it gets everywhere and is quite difficult to remove with just soap. 


See you soon lovelies!

Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system